We are building the next generation Cloud platform for Bloomreach Experience. This is a platform aimed at developers to run websites and content management systems based on Bloomreach Experience. We are using the latest technologies like Go, Kubernetes and AWS to build a truly outstanding product. We want to differentiate by being smart; no error prone, tedious, manual work. Innovate, not only the product, but also our way of working. Focus on quality, so we can be proud of our product and deliver rapidly.
You will code and operate our next generation platform, Bloomreach Cloud (BRC). BRC is written in Go on top of Kubernetes and AWS. Your days will be filled working with concepts such as: Kubernetes, Go, AWS, agile, scalability, real-time monitoring, open source, automation, gitops, CI/CD. You will be part of a small, dedicated and cross-functional team where you will have a large and diverse set of responsibilities to support Bloomreach, its customers and its partners.
- A university degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field of study)
- Extensive experience in programming platform and/or infrastructure level software products in Go, Java or C++
- Cloud (building) experience with technologies/services like Kubernetes, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Thorough understanding of and experience administering Linux
- Understanding of networking, architecture and core web technologies like load balancing, web servers, HTTP, DNS and SQL/NoSQL
Nice to have
- AWS product experience (ELB, EBS, RDS, S3, Route53, AMI users, etc)
- Experience with running docker in production, if you know Kubernetes even better
- Experience with CoreOS, helm, etcd is a bonus
- Experience with monitoring, distributed logging and metrics, setting up configuring and analyzing to spot problems (Prometheus, Grafana, Filebeat, Logstash)
- Really have that "monitor everything and anything" mentality, from an alerting as well as a metrics point of view (Pagerduty, OpsGenie, Pingdom)
- Pension scheme available with Bloomreach contribution to it (50%-50%)
- Health Insurance collective discount
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!