Do you want to design products that you feel genuinely proud of with the collaboration of your team? Do you value solving real problems with a sense of empathy for customers' needs? Are you looking for a remote-friendly position to develop your career in BC's fantastic tech community? If so, we'd like to talk to you.
Giftbit is the simplest and easiest way for businesses to send digital rewards and incentives. Since 2012, our business has grown within USA and Canada while maintaining strong customer satisfaction. At Giftbit, we enjoy our work and appreciate the people we work with. Giftbit seeks more talented, driven people to join us as we make sending rewards simple and remarkable.
Giftbit is hiring a Junior Product UI Designer. This role will report to the Head of Product and will be responsible for designing the UI of our product experience for clarity, consistency and usability. Giftbit is updating our web application to React, and with that comes a refresh of our user interface. Your first project, once you get your bearings, will be to work with us as we bring our web app user interface more in line with our brand and a modern web experience. You will audit, design and organize our UI elements so they are more consistent, modern, and ultimately, more delightful to use.
Here are some of the things you'll do:
- Define the UI execution for product experiences with Giftbit.
- Design, prototype, and test multiple ideas quickly to validate product UI/UX direction.
- Apply your technical skills in UI to our user web application.
- Create clean, consistent UI surfaces and wireframes with excellent usability.
- Help us deliver on our promise of making rewards easy and remarkable.
You bring the following:
- A thorough understanding of the design and development process from inception to production.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships.
- Some combination of training and experience in UI design.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with UI in React web applications.
- Knowledge and exposure to agile development practices.
- Experience in UI and UX user testing and research.
Opportunities for Growth
One of our core values is having a growth mindset. So while we know where you'll start with Giftbit, we will seek ways to match your professional growth with business opportunities. Here are some of the places you may go as we continue to grow:
- Business user experience design
- Recipient experience design
- User experience research and insight
- Brand and web design
- Internal tool UX
Why Giftbit could be great for you:
- Giftbit's culture matches up with how you behave and who you want to work with. Learn about Giftbit's culture here: https://www.notion.so/Giftbit-Cultural-Principles-f4208079f7a14dc59c44d0353fed8d55
- You'll be challenged and supported by passionate, knowledgeable people who prioritize continued learning and professional development.
- You'll receive competitive compensation based on your proficiency to clear industry benchmarks.
- You'll have the flexibility to work remotely or from our beautiful downtown Victoria office.
- Only applicants with a cover letter will be considered.
- Only applicants living in Canada in the Pacific Time or Mountain Time zones will be considered.