The Community and Partnerships Manager will proactively grow the Permanent community by working with Permanent members, key stakeholders, and institutions like universities and archives.
The Community and Partnerships Manager will meet frequently with Permanent's most active members and partners. They will actively engage partners to develop events and programs that promote the Permanent Legacy Foundation and its mission. They will be the chief administrator for Permanent's Byte for Byte grant program, responsible for growing and managing the program's membership. They will be responsible for outgoing communications on behalf of Permanent, including marketing emails and social media. The entire Permanent team looks to this position for input across all key decisions.
This is a highly visible and fulfilling role at a truly revolutionary, social impact, technology nonprofit. You will personally connect with professionals at tech companies, universities, archives, and foundations. You will drive communications with our community of stakeholders. You will become an expert on our partners' unique needs, values and resources.
Your goal will be to foster lifelong relationships and you will know you are successful when our community expands through referrals from our marketing, partners and community members.
Your primary responsibility as a Community and Partnerships Manager will be to grow Permanent's community. Specifically, you will:
- Work with existing partners and build new partnerships to grow brand awareness;
- Manage external communications, including marketing emails and social media, to regularly engage with Permanent's audience;
- Represent Permanent at events and promote Permanent's brand with positivity and enthusiasm;
- Serve as the primary contact for current and potential grantees in Permanent's Byte for Byte grant program;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to discuss new features requests sourced from Permanent's community and partners;
- Seek and develop new audiences and service opportunities for Permanent through proactive marketing and outreach;
- Author blog posts as part of coordinated marketing strategies;
You are passionate about creating a space for every individual to preserve their legacy, are good at details, love a challenge and have a desire to learn.
You are described as:
- Detail oriented. You notice the details most people miss; you are good at creating and following processes, and have the follow through needed to manage multiple tasks at once.
- A problem solver. You enjoy figuring out the best solution to serve the customer. You are eager to contribute your personal expertise and perspective to decision making.
- A people person. You enjoy meeting and interacting with new people and are quick to build rapport.
- A team player. You are confident in both receiving and giving feedback. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues and reaching consensus in support of company goals.
- A learner. You are willing to take on tasks you don't have experience with. You are flexible and able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
- A creative. You think outside of the box. You enjoy creating memorable experiences for people that create long-term connections.
- A hard worker. You are self-motivated and appreciate the feeling of knowing you gave it your best and the thrill from achieving a goal.
We'll be impressed if you also bring
- At least two years of experience in customer support/success, account/client management, or community leadership experience, preferably in a technology-focused company or nonprofit;
- A proven track record of working in people-facing roles;
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills, including comfort working in front of a camera or live video feed;
Full time with a strong sense of conscientiousness.
Full consideration will be given to remote work candidates located within 3 hours of U.S. Central time zone.
Annual Salary Range
$60,000 - $70,000
Information on Permanent Legacy Foundation and our mission can be found at www.permanent.org and third party channels including:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Work From Home / Remote Work
- Wellness Resources