We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer - DevOps
Lead Software Development Engineer - DevOps, Level 6, Data & Services Technology Team
Mastercard D&S next generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies to face these problems. The Software Delivery team is responsible for building and supporting the infrastructure and tools that host, release, monitor and secure this platform.
You'll be responsible for building tools and systems that deploy and scale our applications and data in hybrid - cloud and physical - environments. We develop the infrastructure that enables the D&S Platforms team to build, test, deploy and host hundreds of microservices across several global datacenters. We also develop the logging, monitoring and alerting tools necessary to improve security, quality and uptime. Our systems are administered with infrastructure-as-code with our stack including Chef, Ansible, Terraform and Packer, and our workflows are automated using Jenkins and Kubernetes.
We are looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer with industry experience to accelerate our rapid adoption of containers and Kubernetes. This is an individual contributor role focused on making strong technical contributions to the design and implementation of the modernization of our hosting and deployment systems.
Enjoy large scale DevOps challenges? Come solve them with us.
Position responsibilities include:
- Support the tooling of infra-as-code and immutable-infra patterns to enable teams to rapidly provision infrastructure
- Work on simplifying system deployment and configuration, with emphasis around everything-as-code, GitOps, and declarative code
- Be comfortable working with virtual machine management, running both on-premise in vSphere and cloud-based in Azure
- Manage an evolving ecosystem of CNCF-backed, open-source projects such as Kubernetes, Helm, Prometheus and Flux
- Adept at working within both Linux and Windows Server environments, including knowledge of Active Directory and Linux administration
- Work on a mix of legacy and greenfield projects to enable and support full-stack modernization
In addition, the ideal candidate should be:
- Experienced working with Kubernetes, Docker and related industry tooling
- Comfortable coding in either Python or Golang
- Able to lead projects with multiple teammates and provide thoughtful technical mentorship to help grow their careers
- Able to independently research, evaluate and decide on both short-term and long-range solutions
- Skilled at breaking down problems, organizing work, and delivering against technical requirements
- Able to communicate to peers and stakeholders with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.