Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their vehicles, equipment, and other mobile assets. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently raised a $21M Series B round
and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
While we've long been data-driven for pretty much all parts of our operations, we are looking to build an internal team to level up our data and internal metrics game as we continue to scale. We're searching for a Sr. Analytics Engineer (sometimes called a BI Engineer or Data Analyst) with strong technical skills who understands the power of a well-tuned approach to data management and knows how to implement best practices.
This role will own the development and scaling of our data stack with the potential to grow into a leadership role as the team evolves. You'll collaborate with many different stakeholders of our ~150 person company, including the CEO, to help advance our data-driven culture.
This is a unique opportunity to help create and build a new department within a successful company with an amazing culture. Be sure to mention coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
What you'll be doing
- Enable and scale self-serve analytics for all Fleetio team members. You'll architect clean data sets by modeling data and metrics via tools like dbt to empower employees to make data-driven decisions with accurate information.
- Collaborate with other Fleetians around the company to understand data needs and ensure required data is collected, modeled, and available to team members.
- Lead the development of our internal data infrastructure stack. Own the hygiene and integrity of our data warehouse and ancillary tools by maintaining and monitoring the ELT pipeline.
- Establish governance and enforce standards around our data infrastructure. Document best practices and coach/advise other data analysts, product managers, engineers, etc. on data modeling, SQL query optimization & reusability, etc. Keep our data warehouse tidy by managing roles and permissions and deprecating old projects.
- Ensure that each company metric has a single source of truth and that data validation is incorporated on a consistent basis.
- Hire and mentor junior analytics engineers. Provide technical leadership for data modeling, metrics, visualization, etc.
What's in it for you
- Join an incredible team that goes above and beyond daily to make Fleetio a great place to work and leave your mark on our growth story.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. We strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning.
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
More about our team and company
- 3+ years experience working in a data or analytics engineering role
- Expert-level SQL skills with experience transforming raw data into clean models, optimizing code, and troubleshooting & improving others' code
- Strong understanding of ELT, data warehousing, and data modeling concepts (e.g. Star Schema)
- Experience in designing, building, and administering modern data pipelines and data warehouses
- Experience with dbt and dbt Cloud - both as a user and administrator
- Experience with Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift
- Experience with version control tools such as Github or Gitlab
- Experience administering ELT tools such as Stitch or Fivetran
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Mode)
- Experience collaborating with multiple business functions and stakeholders to develop metrics and key insights
- Detailed understanding of schemas for popular third-party SaaS applications (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Snowplow, Segment)
- Excellent communication and project management skills with a customer service focused mindset
- Proficiency with Python (preferred)
- Experience with serverless cloud functions (AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, etc.)
- 100% coverage of employee health and dental insurance (50% family)
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock options
- Vision, STD & LTD
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Floating Holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Community service funds
- Mac laptop
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly since 2012