IDEAZ is a dynamic and growing consultancy with an over 20-year history of designing and realizing successful and award-winning products. We create impactful products and experiences that improve people’s lives.
We are looking for a mechanical design engineer with 4+ years of consumer, medical and/or hardware product development experience to join our team of creative designers and engineers. We are looking for a uniquely creative engineer – one who understands what it means to create unique products, collaborate with team members, and manage projects.
Full-time in office or hybrid (1-2+ days/wk in office)
Role and Responsibilities
• Responsible for product development, creating and following processes, and technology development activities on a variety of products from consumer products to medical devices.
• Play a significant role in the ideation, design, development, prototyping and management of projects. You will be involved in the entire product development process, from concept to transition to manufacturing.
• You will interface with the internal team, as well as strategic partners, vendors, and clients.
• You must have significant experience in mechanical design, prototyping, plastic part design, metal fabrication as well as working knowledge of electromechanical assemblies.
• The ideal candidate has a passion and talent for creative problem solving and collaboration. This individual has experience in end user products – including consumer, hardware, and medical devices.
• This is a specialized role. You will be a mechanical engineer as well as a project manager on your projects. You will be responsible for client satisfaction, project budget and quality of deliverables.
• B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
Years of Experience
• 4+ as a mechanical engineer with related experience
• Experience in product design and development in CPG, hardware and/or medical
• High level of proficiency in SolidWorks, including advanced surfacing, assemblies, and Ketshot renderings
• Ability to quickly communicate a concept in 2D or 3D models – including physical models
• A strong working knowledge of materials and processes – particularly plastics, injection molding, metal fabrication etc.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in fast-paced environment
• Experience creating and presenting technical, written content
• Ability to interpret and create technical drawings and creating Bill of Materials
• Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and methodologies
• Experience in transitioning products to manufacturing
• DFM/DFMEA experience
• Software, firmware and/or mechatronics or robotics experience a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage schedule and budget and to be accountable
• Be a great collaborator
• Collaborative thinker and team player
• Effective problem-solving skills
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation
• Ability to travel to clients and vendors as needed
We offer an attractive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401K match, and a performance-based bonus plan.
If you think you are a good fit for our team, we would like to hear from you!
No calls please.
Note: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit