I’m Otto, the co-founder, and COO at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup
that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 2,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we are accelerating the development of our product to serve the growing demand from our customers, we’re looking for a Head of Product who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
- You can work from anywhere in the world – We work remotely!
- Join (and help shape) the fast-growing HR tech startup TestGorilla as an early employee
- Competitive package incl. bonus + stock options
- Remote position with a bright, motivated, and friendly team
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
The job in a nutshell
Reporting directly to the COO, as the Head of Product, you will build a product management culture that, with great judgment, balances product intuition, design inspiration, market insight, and data validation.
You will take ownership of the product roadmap, ensure seamless product functionality, decide on backlog prioritization and take the product vision towards completion. You are willing to get your hands dirty from day one by shaping the company from its early days – so writing user stories, the product roadmap, and designing product features.
You will scale, lead and inspire the product team and work hand-in-hand with the Head of Engineering and other departments to deliver a beautifully designed product that creates value. You will play a critical role in our growth and be a key decision-maker in both our product development and the growth of our business. You are ready to get on an entrepreneurial journey and be a Product Champion both externally and internally.
You’ll spend time on the following
- Develop and continuously communicate the product vision/roadmap with a two years perspective while managing agile deliverables on a weekly basis
- Build, grow and structure the product team, ensuring they’re empowered to work independently
- Implement best in class product development and management practices and drive efficiency in the customer and user journey
- Lead and oversee relevant product research, establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses
- Gather information from customers, sales, and internal teams and translate these into product solutions that deliver value for customers
- Maintain a high level of engagement with engineering and design to define project requirements, assess dependencies/risks, and track project milestones and KPI’s
- Gain a broader understanding of trends in the HR and HR-tech vertical that impact product development
Here’s what we’re looking for
- You are inspired by our mission of people in dream jobs
- You have proven success in software product management for at least 6 years, ideally at fast-growing, SaaS-based startups and have people management experience
- You are a great problem solver, with a flexible, can-do attitude, happy to put your hand to anything
- You are a strategic thinker and possess a good understanding of both the technical and commercial impact of product development requirements, and be able to incorporate these into your decisions
- You have a strong experience with UI/UX design, and you are passionate about design and creating beautiful, functional products
- You have a strong understanding of all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including product strategy development, requirements definition, design, engineering, QA and launch
- You are an active listener and great communicator – you can clearly and thoughtfully explain product concepts to our customers, and customer use cases to our internal team members
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a global remote team while building extensible and scalable solutions
Bonus points if ...
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You have a proven track record or certificate in Agile and Scrum methodologies
Joining TestGorilla means you’re joining a group of people who are committed to a set of values that guide our behaviors and decisions day to day:
- We encourage each other: We bring a positive attitude to work. We help each other when stuck. We challenge each other in constructive ways. We celebrate wins as a team.
- We are bold: We’re bold in our ambition and dare to create new things. We know what we’re capable of and learn from our mistakes.
- We take full ownership of our work: We own the outcome of our work and do whatever is necessary to improve it--including soliciting feedback and asking for help when we get stuck.
- We strive for excellence: We hold ourselves to high standards and work hard to increase our competencies.
- We do the right thing: We’re straight shooters and take our work seriously. We treat each other, our customers, and our collaborators with respect and empathy.
- We respect our (work-style) differences: We all have different ways of living and working. We all find our own point of balance, respect our differences, and accommodate each other’s styles and preferences.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product! Simply use the Apply button or click here
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla
and throughout the rest of your career.