Hi, thanks for reading about our Senior QA Automation Engineer opportunity! We're glad you're here.
We're Knack, a no-code productivity platform that’s redefining how work gets done. Knack is used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest organizations — to run processes, departments, and even entire companies.
We need a capable Senior QA Automation Engineer to help us deliver an outstanding and reliable product.
We’re looking for someone who’s not just an expert at reading and executing on test cases, but someone who can assess and improve our test coverage.
Did I mention we're also looking for someone who is self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, at a company with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Write maintainable and reusable automated tests using automated testing framework (Selenium, Cypress, Playwright, Jest etc)
- Identify highest value opportunities to transition existing manual test plans to automated coverage
- Collaborate with infrastructure and engineering teams to create robust automated testing pipelines as part of CI/CD process
- Maintain internal documentation on QA best practices, notes, and SOPs, so others can assist with QA with minimal friction
- Create detailed test plans in collaboration with product, engineering, and success teams
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback on tests and test plans
- Review bug reports and identify opportunities to create automated tests to cover these newly discovered scenarios
- Develop/Enhance regression test suite, covering most critical areas of the application first
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A logical and critical thinker. You can quickly get up to speed and understand complex domain knowledge.
- Experienced communicator who can work with cross-functional teams to create and execute plans.
- Passionate about process and structure. You can prioritize what is most important and create repeatable processes to improve common workflows.
- Focused on the problem. You can go heads down to understand the root cause of a bug.
- You embrace a dynamic and fast paced environment. You have experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- Engaging beyond tests. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Data - Both SQL and NoSQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch
- DevOps & Deployment - All things AWS, Jenkins, Github
- Testing - Playwright, Mocha, Jest
- Frontend - Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS
Knack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack
to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
We've been growing steadily since 2012 as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit.
So how are we different?
- We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
- We work out loud: we’re a flat and autonomous culture that demands superb communication, transparency, and consensus.
Benefits & Perks
The biggest benefit is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either:
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
Note for international applicants: We are only able to offer a majority of these benefits to US hires.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Knack welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
How To Apply
Are you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? Then we want to hear from you!
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit. We're also big believers in paid trials whenever logistically possible.