As a Product Marketing Manager at Fleetio, you are the driving force behind the go-to-market strategy of our products. You are the voice of the customer, mastermind of messaging, enabler of sales, and accelerator of adoption.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
We’re looking for an intrinsically motivated, highly experienced Product Marketer to join our team to evangelize Fleetio and help articulate its features and benefits. Be sure to mention coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
What you'll be doing
- Be the voice of the customer — talk to customers to understand their unique needs, how they use our products and how Fleetio makes their jobs and lives easier
- Use your industry experience to collaborate with the rest of the Product Development team to build value messaging and positioning for the Fleetio platform and products
- Lead product launches and ongoing product promotion in collaboration with product management, customer success, marketing, and sales teams
- Understand the strategic view of the market and how we fit through research and customer/prospective customer conversations, develop an ongoing research strategy and oversee the execution
- Own the competitive intel process/insights distribution (including collaboration with sales team to gather), develop strategies, and oversee the execution
- Understand and document the buyer journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Oversee sales enablement to ensure our Sales teams are prepared to represent Fleetio in the market and drive demand and close deals
- Support ABM activities in collaboration with Sales
- Provide market research, insights, and competitive intel into the Development process and GTM strategy
- Act as the primary thought leader for products externally, including speaking engagements and written works
- Own MQL conversion including product content that drives those conversions
What's in it for you
- Work with fascinating customers and prospects from all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Use the latest tools and techniques to grow a massive audience in a global marketplace (customers in 70+ countries) and a rapidly changing industry (transportation).
More about our team and company:
The ideal candidate is a master of translation and has the ability to gather, digest, and translate the technical information and provided by engineers, product managers, customers, and competitors for the benefit of the customer and their end-users. The person in this role is incredibly motivated to out-market the competition and thrives in a rapid growth environment.
- 4+ years of experience in product marketing
- 2+ years of experience in a B2B SaaS company (Fleet industry is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: whether writing or speaking, you’re able to express ideas clearly and powerfully, always taking into consideration brand voice and intended audience
- Creative thinker with the ability to present our products and value propositions in a fresh, inventive way while staying true to brand look and feel
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and efficiently, managing projects with many moving parts
- Exceptional research skills to allow for immersion into the tech and fleet spaces
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM, marketing automation, and other product marketing tools (e.g., Marketo, Figma, Chameleon, etc.)
- Proven track record of problem-solving in an innovative environment
- Knows and understand how businesses work, strategies and techniques to impact both customer experience and bottom line
- Must understand and be passionate about the customer
- See and viewed as a trusted individual, keeps confidence, admits mistakes
- Can manage through unclear situations, finding a way forward without all the facts, comfortable making a decision without the full picture
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Self-motivated and enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or a relevant field preferred
- Pragmatic Institute or similar Product Marketing training is a major plus
- 100% coverage of employee health and dental insurance (50% family)
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock options
- Vision, STD & LTD
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Floating Holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Community service funds
- Mac laptop
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly since 2012