We are SOCi, the largest localized-marketing platform globally. We are looking to add a Full Stack Software Engineer to our team and help innovate our expanding group of products. You will have full ownership of a product together with your team. We are a mob programming environment which means we collaborate in real time to create solutions together. SOCi is on the Forbes 2021 list of America’s Best Startup Employers and we would love for you to be a part of our team.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS WELCOME
- This position is fully remote and our teams are distributed across four continents. You'll be expected to have 6 hours of overlap with your team within the 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST time zone, but that can vary by team and location. For instance, some teams may start an hour or two earlier and some teams may start an hour or two later. Taking meaningful breaks is important for engineers to stay sharp and productive throughout the day.
- You will be collaborating with other engineers by doing "Mob programming" in real-time over Zoom as part of several sessions throughout the day.
- A Product Team consists of 2 mobs (each mob consists of 3 engineers), a Tech Lead, an Engineering Manager (EM), a UX designer, and a Product Manager (PM).
- As a member of an Empowered Product Team, you will be able to work with your assigned teams to research and understand customer problems as part of their jobs. Then work together to build product solutions that address them.
- We are an engineering company and we leverage technology to solve customer problems.
- 7+ years experience working on a software development team
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented programming, all backgrounds are welcome such as Java, .NET (C#), PHP.
- Deep understanding of relational database systems, specifically MySQL and Postgres
- Understanding of NoSQL Datastores such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Experience building scalable, performant, and modular solutions
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience with micro-services and service-oriented architecture
- High-level awareness of available ML technologies
- Knowledge of basic visual and user experience principles and forming partnerships with a UX designer. You will be building the UI for our product.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Fully remote, diverse international team
- An extremely talented group of engineers and tech leads to learn from
- Active career coaching and professional development to keep you growing
- Learning budget (books, online courses)
- Directly see the impact of your work by working closely with customers and help build the fastest-growing mar-tech platform for top brands
What's SOCi's culture like?
SOCi stands for Selfless, Overachievers, Customer Centric, and Innovative. We strive to be in service to each other, consider learning as Job #1. We are life-long learners and care to grow the company just as much as we care to grow each other. We obsess over the customer problems such that we can deliver the most valuable solutions to them. We hold each other accountable, are candid in our feedback, and expect you to do the same. It's okay to make mistakes, it's not okay to not learn from them. We partner strongly across departments and function, as we know it'll take a village to succeed. One team, one dream.