We service dental practices across more than forty states and are obsessed with helping our clients meet their goals, understand their business's results, not worry about their accounting, not be afraid of their taxes, and consult with them on how to pay the lowest amount of money in taxes as legally possible.
Please Note: This position requires experience in public accounting and taxes. Having a CPA license is expected as well.
Do you have tax/accounting education and skills or experience in the following:
- A deep understanding of tax preparation
- The willingness to improve your tax skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to self-manage time
- Working in a remote, digital
- Working in a team environment
- Being customer service oriented and a great communicator
- Willingness to learn and improve
- A passion for helping small business owners save money in taxes
Are you wired to help others succeed and motivated to be the best you can be at work? Do you think analytically, not discouraged by multiple deadlines, and able to empathize with clients and able to understand their frustrations and needs?
Are you looking for a position in quickly growing CPA firm with opportunities for growth inside of the firm?
Awesome... Keep reading
The main duties and goals for the tax manager/senior manager are:
Goals for the Tax Manager/Tax Senior Manager Position:
- To further develop income tax preparation and tax review skills.
- To build a relationship with the client that is based on our trust and expertise.
- To continue to learn new ways in which we can help clients better prepare for their tax situation.
- To learn of changes in our client’s situations before they happen so that we can proactively change their tax planning when needed.
- To timely deliver all client facing products.
Throughout the year:
- Answering questions from the client in relation to their tax plans.
- Seek out and review potential new tax strategies for our clients to implement in their practice.
- Setup processes to remind clients of important deadlines that may be client specific.
- Train and assist tax services in developing their income tax skills.
- Conduct tax interviews when onboarding new clients.
During Tax Season:
- Assign clients to tax services for completion.
- Send tax organizers to clients and make sure tax services have been introduced to the client to conduct a tax organizer session.
- Assist tax services in understanding documents needed for building tax files.
- Review tax returns prepared by tax services including preparing review notes and training tax services.
- Send tax returns to clients for review and final signature.
- Submit signed returns for processing.
- (If needed) Conduct a meeting with the client going over the tax return results. This can be done over a recorded video as well.
Post Tax Season:
- Review client’s tax plans that were updated by tax services.
- Preparing/reviewing extended individual tax returns.
- Preparing/reviewing extended business tax returns.
Mid-Year, 3rd Quarter, and 4th Quarter:
- Review projection for client and send to the client. (See example of projection)
- Ask client for any updates to their tax situation.
How much does this position pay (range)
$80,000 - $120,000 per year, depending on experience
- 50% of individual health insurance company paid with HSA available
- 100% of vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- STD/LTD insurance paid
- Up to a 4% match on 401k
- Computer equipment provided
- Flexible work hours
- Fully virtual job
- Payment for Becker CPA review if needing it
- CPE and CPA licensure paid
- Bonus Potential of up to 10-20% Starting Salary
This is a full-time position.
When applying you will receive a set of emails with further questions, please be sure to check your email for the additional questions to continue with the interview process.