Howzit! We’re the Mobile Ventures team. We’re responsible for GoDaddy’s iOS and Android apps. We’re originally from Over, Smartline, GD Mobile, Re:amaze, and Vidnami. We’ve joined forces to build the next gen tools for next gen entrepreneurs. We help accomplish GoDaddy’s mission: to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We’re looking for designers who can help build the future of mobile at GoDaddy, while working remotely! Our team currently works remotely across South Africa, India, Spain, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Germany Australia, and the US: San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, and Hawaii.
What you’ll get to do…
- Design end-to-end UX of core flows
- Build low to high fidelity prototypes
- Polish every single UI detail: visual, interaction, haptics, sound, motion, etc.
- Deliver assets: icons, illustrations, videos, etc.
- Pair with engineers in building the UI
- Collaborate with researchers in testing multiple options
- Develop our strategy alongside product, engineering, brand, and marketing
- Contribute to the mobile design system
- Pitch product ideas for the modern entrepreneurs
- Drive initiatives from inception to launch
Your experience should include…
- 2+ years experience in designing iOS and Android apps
- Knows the Apple and Google’s app guidelines by heart
- Understands how to use and contribute to large design systems
- Proficient in Figma, Framer, or Sketch
How we work...
- We do our own upfront research and work with Research Team for larger needs
- Collaborate with PMs and engineers to develop a strategy together
- Everyone is encouraged to proactively pitch product ideas
- We use Miro or Figjam to brainstorm, Figma to design UX and UI, Framer to build high fidelity prototypes, and Slack and Loom for async updates
- Pair closely with engineers in building the UI and proudly demo the experience
- Consistently polish all UI details and make fast and data-driven decisions
- Run usability test (where it make sense), learn and iterate quickly
- We have a once a week “meeting-free” day reserved for some deep focus
- We’re a global team that is committed to being online from 8 am - 10 am PST, Mon - Fri (our best overlaps across time zones)
We’ve got your back…
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Learning Resource
- Continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?)
- Team flexibility: for example, you want to transition to PM, Engineering, Brand, etc.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.godaddy.com
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.