The role is restricted to those physically located in Europe. While this is a remote position, we cannot consider candidates that are not based in Europe.
As a Full Stack developer, you will be part of our remote but tightly knit dev team, working closely with Product Leads to launch new websites, maintain existing products, and improve performance across our whole inventory of digital assets.
Our team is made up of diverse individuals, from various parts of the world, coming together to deliver quality software, help each other grow and at the end of the day be proud of the work we are doing. Here at #teamraketech we create high performance solutions for our partners in the iGaming industry. To do this we need your help further developing our in-house CMS built with React, NextJS, Node & headless WordPress.
You may find the role requirements below, but even if you think you don’t meet all the criteria but would still be interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box. We prefer working with individuals with a good cultural fit, helping them develop in the areas where they might not be so strong in (provided they are interested in doing so).
What does the role entail?
- Code and deliver quality software
- Identify the causes of reported issues and implement the respective fixes
- Implement both backend and front-end features
- Coordinate with UX/UI designers, developers and test engineers in an Agile environment
- Perform impact assessment of features and defects with Product Owner
- Share and promote your ideas towards the improvement of the products and the business
- Abide by industry and company software development standards
- Help and provide guidance to junior developers
- Tech degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with PHP
- Excellent knowledge of the web building blocks (HTML / CSS)
- Responsive web development knowledge using Bootstrap and/or MaterialUI
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and mobile responsiveness
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and security
- Passionate about self-improvement and web technologies
- Strong English communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to address change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways
- Available to work +/- 2 CET
Nice to have skills
- Experience building custom Wordpress themes and plugins
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with gitflow or similar branching models
- Experience building REST APIs
- A working understanding of Webpack
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working remotely