Dimagi is looking for a Backend Engineer familiar with security and compliance standards to join our Global Technology team and contribute to our SaaS division. This position is open to remote employment within North America or can be based out of our headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Our Global Technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work directly with auditors and security consultants on matters of security posture and system compliance
- Improve the capabilities and efficiencies of our security and compliance control mechanisms by developing new software features and automating processes
- Work on matters of security including application security, security best practices, and security-related features
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Enhance Dimagi’s offerings while using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, daily deploy and cloud infrastructure tools
Who You Must Be:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experienced in developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Familiarity with common security approaches at both a cloud appliance and software development practice level
- Familiar with common compliance standards, and willing to become an expert in Dimagi’s scopes of compliance like HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Able to identify and mitigate common application security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP top 10
- Familiarity with building backend software for the web
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Passionate about “human-centric” security approaches, and identifying usable and practical software solutions to challenges
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.