Piepacker is a cloud social gaming platform. We recreate the feeling of playing old school console and arcade games in your living room, but now online and with friends. Our platform adds a new social dynamic to the experience through video chat, snapchat’s style 3D filters and new game modes like battle royale.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Piepacker is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company in its growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst to help us build the foundations of the Data team, and enable our business units to take informed and data-driven decisions.
What you will be doing:
- As a senior Data Analyst, you will be the first member of a centralised Data team and will help us build its foundations and processes.
- You will use problem-solving skills, sound logic, and data tools like SQL in order to identify and evaluate trends, determine the real value of team initiatives, and clearly communicate results and outcomes.
- You will work with the entire team and provide analytics grounding to business decisions we make every day.
- You will learn our tables, do ad hoc analysis as requested, help our team figure out what they really should be asking, create dashboards where needed, and generally use our data to be the real backbone of our data-driven culture.
- You will work with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development and other teams to deliver actionable insights.
What are looking for (requirements for the role):
- 5+ years of experience as a data or financial Analyst applying statistical analysis to B2C consumer behaviours.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, including the ability to: 1) analyse situations and determine the best metrics for a situation, 2) conceptualise player behaviours based on data, and 3) identify meaningful proxies of player behaviours where data doesn’t exist.
- Fluent in SQL, and skilled in writing complex queries requiring multiple joins and nested queries.
- Strong knowledge in Python and especially how it integrates with SQL.
- Experience creating, operating and analysing multiple simultaneous A/B tests.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including extensive use of chart and table tools.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and drive to complete projects.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Experience that would be great for you to have (or you'd be excited about acquiring):
- Experience in a leadership role that has required mentorship and growth of direct reports or of more junior members of the staff.
- Experience in video gaming, e-commerce, consumer entertainment.
- Fluent with the basic DS stack (NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, MatPlotLib, Plotly, Sci-Kit, Learn, among others).
- Unlimited vacations (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental help, sport, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance.
- Fully remote & Flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks).
- Maternity/Paternity grant of $3k (out of Europe) or 2,5k euros (in Europe).
- Stock option plan.
- Competitive health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company's policy.
- Extra benefits depending on the geographical location.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location:Full remote. The candidate must be within +/- 1hour of CET time zone.
We are still very happy you applied and we do wish you good luck.
Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you and chatting about games :) !
At the heart of Piepacker’s mission is the creation of a new way to share games with friends and family: a free online place for gamers to play and hangout together, with video cameras, bringing back the golden era of multiplayer couch gaming. In a world of constraining internet connections and paid services, we think differently: we are building a free, “low-tech” friendly platform for everyone to jump in, directly from their browser. Our platform is social by design and packed with fun games curated by our community. We want to create new virtual social spaces that fundamentally diverge from today's typical social networks, focusing a lot less on appearance and a lot more on experience. We are building a social gaming platform for all gamers who enjoy playing together.
Our startup has been growing very quickly since the end of 2020, attracting more than 40 gaming talents from developers and social media experts to designers. In June 2021, we introduced our cloud gaming beta platform featuring 80+ licensed games, including titles from industry-renowned publishers such as Codemasters, Interplay, Team 17, and Data East. Discovered and supported by Y Combinator (Twitch, Reddit, Stripe, etc), our board of advisors include former SEGA CEO Kenji Matsubara, Zynga co-founders Justin Waldron and Tom Bollich, Crunchyroll’s Kun Gao, and Humble Bundle’s Jeffrey Rosen.
With almost half a million users who have joined us so far, our teams are prepping for our next chapter and are on the lookout for talented and motivated folks who share our passion for gaming and want to make a real impact while embracing a true startup spirit (autonomy, transparency, user centric).
Piepacker is an equal opportunity employer and we proudly value and promote diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, World of Warcraft faction or disability status.
More info here
on our mission, culture and team!