LabTwin is creating the next generation of digital lab tools for smart labs, starting with the world’s first voice-activated lab assistant. With LabTwin, scientists can collect data, access information, manage experiments and streamline documentation simply by talking. Using voice recognition and machine learning technology, LabTwin’s smart assistant simplifies data capture, structures valuable information, and integrates with lab instruments and informatic systems.
We are a strong multinational interdisciplinary team with a mission to empower scientists and are based in Berlin. Our voice-powered assistant is now used by scientists in 7 of the Top20 biopharma companies, as well as chemical companies, around the world.
We’re looking for a Working Student to join our Data Science Team in Berlin for 20 hours per week.
You will have the chance to collaborate closely with a team of talented data scientists, designers, engineers, scientists and product managers from discovery to delivery. The work you do here will have a direct impact on our product.
- Continuously improve our state-of-the-art scientific speech recognition model
- Analyze transcription errors and act on them.
- Design and create new datasets for testing our speech-recognition system.
- Train, test and evaluate models.
- Investigate new NLP technologies and test their feasibility for improving our product, such as named entity recognition and question answering models
- Enrolled in a Master for a minimum of 2 more semesters with the focus on Machine Learning, Computer Science.
- Passionate about Life Science, Science, Data, Machine Learning and NLP.
- > 2 years’ experience with Python
- > 2 years’ experience with SQL
- Experience with NLP techniques/models, such as BERT.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Plus: Experience with the following Python libraries: Spacy, Huggingface, Pytorch
- Plus: Experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, ECS, Sagemaker)
- Plus: Experience writing production-ready Python code
- A team with a great mission: You will be part of our mission to help passionate and innovative scientists accelerate scientific discovery. And you will work and learn from a diverse team of experienced interdisciplinary colleagues including life scientists.
- Development: Our commitment to support your professional and personal development. Budget for seminars and conferences, internal training and onsite German courses. Science education, a small demo lab to enable everyone to understand our users better. Room for ownership, creativity and cross functional collaboration. Access for O’Reilly learning platform and LinkedIn Learning platform.
- Flexibility: Flexibility in work schedule, including home office. Meeting free Fridays to focus. 30 days of paid leave, as long as you promise to take them all.;-)
- Competitive salary.
- We want you to feel great here: A gym around the corner, healthy snacks. Really good coffee. And you will work in one of the best spaces in central Berlin. A beautiful garden, roof terrace and grill for a nice evening. And an AC for very hot Berlin summer.
- A great work-life balance that we care about.