I’m looking for the right person to lead a small data engineering team, which is part of a larger (50+ person) global engineering team building Aladdin Wealth (https://www.blackrock.com/aladdin/products/aladdin-wealth), a revenue-generating FinTech SaaS product for the wealth management industry. We apply BlackRock's sophisticated risk analytics to millions of individual investors' portfolios to help them and their financial advisors create better portfolios. We have live production clients in 15+ countries around the world and we process and analyze millions of real customer portfolios on a daily basis.
* Manage and lead a small team of Data Engineers working primarily in Python, but with some R and Perl, as well
* Be a hands-on engineer, developing and releasing code, yourself, and reviewing PRs from your team
* Share knowledge and promote the professional growth of team members through teamwork and mentorship
* Design and develop data engineering solutions using Python to solve business problems
* Work closely with Product Managers and Implementation team to build robust and efficient data pipelines through automation
* Work with other engineering team leads and partners to continuously improve operational processes and procedures
* Design and develop data analysis tools to generate actionable insights based on customer and team generated requirements
* Liaise with external parties and clients to determine appropriate data pipelines and deploy high quality code in mission-critical production environments
* Continually improve the reliability, stability, and performance of production data engineering processes that power the product offering
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
* At least 4 years of professional experience including 2+ years managing, mentoring, and developing engineers
* Strong Python, Unix, SQL skills
* Experience architecting and deploying Python data processes in a production capacity
Note for VISA applicants: We can only consider applicants that are already in the US with existing work authorization (H1B transfers, OPT, etc).
On REMOTE work: We do not offer fully remote work, so you must be in the US already and able to work from our NYC office at least 3 days a week. You can work remotely from home up to 2 days per week.