Salary: $90k - $105k
As the Head of Project Management, you'll manage large client projects as well as provide ongoing support, guidance, and mentorship to our project management team and related client services teams, with a focus on large end-to-end eCommerce website build projects. You'll have the opportunity to work with some of the most disruptive next generational brands in the D2C health, wellness and lifestyle sectors such as Genexa, Nuface, Rare Beauty (Selena Gomez), Magic Spoon and many.
Your role will work closely with a talented team of project managers, UX designers, Conversion Strategists and Developers with the primary goal of building award-winning commerce experiences that produce consistent ROI from first click-to-conversion thru to ongoing customer retention.
The role serves as a resource to the project management and client services teams; they are a collaborator, mentor, and empathetic advisor to other team members who may struggle to identify an approach to a difficult client situation, to review project plans, or are simply in need of a gut-check from a trusted and experienced peer.
This role will have a seat at the leadership team where they'll have the opportunity to advance their career and work with some of the most intelligent people in the industry. You'll be assigned to client work for key projects or retainer accounts, with an estimated 40-50% of their time being allocated to client work. The remaining time will be allocated to internal initiatives, team guidance, processes, procedures, and oversight (as outlined below).
Noticed is a digital experience agency that launches and grows the world’s most influential mission-centric brands that are changing the world for future generations to come. We believe future consumer-facing brands start with creating authentic stories built for the consumer first, and brand second.
We're only accepting applications for candidates in North America at this time.
Your Core Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage and be accountable for leading your clients and team members to success.
- Monitor and manage resource capacity, account/project allocation, and utilization for the entire delivery dept i.e. strategy, pm, design, and engineering.
- Work alongside cross-functional leadership team on resource account/project allocation.
- Responsible for ensuring project/account profitability of client retainer accounts and website build projects as well as meeting deadlines.
- Manage departmental budgets, i.e. resource capacity, COGS, P&L, utilization goals etc.
- Go-To POC for direct reports with client escalations to help mitigate issues and ensure client satisfaction.
- Resolve impediments and blockers while proactively managing workflow through effective sprint planning
- Identify workflow inefficiencies between cross-functional departments and develop solutions when needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of Project Management software/tools while adhering to Project Management & eCommerce best practices
- Translate SOWs into actionable, cohesive project plans and requirements by defining tasks, activities, and milestones - for both internal and client teams - in order to create benchmarks by which to measure project progress and success.
- Communicate project progress internally and externally; identify whether the project is adhering to the plan or at risk of timeline, scope, or hours creep. Upon spotting risk, the Project Manager leads the creation and execution of risk mitigation plans with relevant team members.
- Monitor and control both the hourly budget or sprint velocity of projects as well as the varying cost rates of team members (internal or contractors) and create cost or scope mitigation plans to ensure healthy project margins.
- Oversee all portfolio management for new incoming clients to capacity plan as well as determine the most suitable POD to be assigned to the account/project.
- Determine hiring needs based on current and forecasted capacity, i.e. full-time, freelance, contract etc.
- Leverage the expertise of practitioner roles and determine RACI matrix-informed areas of accountability and ownership to different project deliverables and outputs through the process.
- Manage estimate creation as needed to fulfill project plans or scoping needs delegated from Project Management or Client Success teams as well as change orders at the project level; the HPM identifies the need for change orders and works with practitioners and team leads to create cohesive estimates to deliver work.
- Collaborate with the client success dept to implement a resolution plan for any client complaints to improve client satisfaction and retention rate.
Your Department Duties
- Directly contribute to the creation of systems, processes, and procedures within the PM dept as well as collaborate cross-departmentally with leaders to improve SDLC lifecycle.
- Define and document project management best practices, and lead initiatives to roll out new processes team-wide, in collaboration with the CEO, and departmental leaders.
- Serve as an escalation point to other project managers and account managers, advising on issues related to project scope, budgets, client management, delivery, profitability, and successful communication with both clients and internal team members.
- Provide active oversight of project budgets and milestones (including those managed by other PMs), preemptively identify risks, surface those risks to relevant team leads or directors, and recommend and execute specific action to mitigate problems and ensure that projects stay on budget.
- Coordinate directly with the account supervisor to mitigate risk and maximize client satisfaction across all projects.
- Closely monitor resource allocation across projects, identify resource gaps or risks, and work with team leads to institute resourcing plans to fulfill upcoming work.
- Attend weekly resourcing meetings, act as a liaison between the Client Services team and practitioner departments (design, development, strategy) to overcome resourcing conflicts, identify needs for additional resources/hires, and ensure efficient resource allocation and utilization.
- You have experience managing or launching e-commerce websites with cross-disciplinary teams on project budgets over $100k+
- 6+ years of experience as a client-facing project manager, account manager, or relevant role in an agency or technical environment.
- Experience defining, documenting, and formally implementing project management processes across teams.
- Experience creating resourcing plans in coordinating with other team members, in addition to maintaining and optimizing long-term resource allocations.
- Ability to forecast, benchmark, and analyze project budgets both from an hours-based as well as costs/profits approach.
- Experience with Scrum / Sprint Planning methodology.
- Ability to lead cross-disciplinary teams through strategy, design, and development phases.
- You can demonstrate clear past success in project profitability, scoping, estimation, and timeline control
- Scrum Master Certification or PMP (Plus, but not required)
- Exceptional communication skills with a focus on clear, intentional, friendly written and verbal communication.
- Excellent logical reasoning, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in and enjoy creating and managing detailed documentation
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Shopify Plus / Magento / BigCommerce experience
- Experience with migrating eCommerce stores from Magento or Salesforce
- Account Management experience
- Experience with Project Management, Time Tracking, Resource Scheduling Tools
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or Computer Science
- Experience directing highly specialized, technical team members
- Experience problem-solving code and architecture issues
- Competitive Base Salary
- Vested Equity / Stock Options
- Profit-Sharing (After 1 Year of Employment)
- Seat At The Leadership Table
- Fully remote
- $500 to set up your workspace
- 23 PTO days
- 10 Company Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (we contribute 80% to employee premiums)
- Paid parental leave
- 401K with a 4% company match
What happens after I apply?
- Quick phone call with a member of our Talent & Culture Manager to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Noticed.
- Interview with CEO
- Interview with Director of Design + Development & Dir of Retention Marketing
Equal employment opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and foster an inclusive environment. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply to our positions. This is something we're serious about- we are constantly striving to listen better and be better.