My client develops the most popular cloud-native application networking software, with over 2 billion downloads. 30k+ stars on Github.
They are VC-backed and growing quickly, plenty of C-level visibility and equity play with this opportunity. This is a full-time permanent role, 100% remote anywhere in North America and Europe.
As the Open Source Community Manager, you will help develop and build the community experience. You must be passionate about open source and have a proven history of successfully managing open source communities through engaging with members, participating in conversations, and leading community initiatives and ambassador programs. You will partner with our engineering and product teams and members of the community to drive programs to keep the community engaged.
- Experience working with open source projects
- Hands on experience with social media management
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Experience in engaging and communicating with users, partners and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Creative and innovative
- Experience in project management to interact and organize community related activities across internal teams and third parties.
- Autonomous, yet highly collaborative, comfortable in a remote work culture
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Build and own a strategic online community plan to grow the community
- Manage and engage on our social media platforms and other open source developers community platforms
- Build, scale and manage a collaborative, inviting and engaging online community space for customers and prospects
- Connect and engage with community members to build relationships and understand their needs, usage, journeys, and barriers to adoption
- Build and nurture relationships with influencers and open source leaders
- Manage the ambassador program
- Organize meetups, webinars, office hours, hackathons, and other events
- Create and lead community based engagement campaigns
- Run regular user group surveys
- Analyze community feedback, reporting key trends and takeaways to the broader team
- Build, maintain, and communicate core community KPIs that monitor community growth and health