I'm one of 5 data scientists on the team and we're now ramping up with our first new hire being a senior data scientist to lead the team. We work with other areas of the bank on a variety of projects. A lot of our work involves NLP, Climate Change, and various time series problems. There's quite a bit of flexibility outside of those domains as well. Our team works primarily in Python, but our only real rule is to use the right tool for the job. R, Julia, Matlab, and Stata are used across the bank.
Some additional background that the job description may not provide (In no particular order):
- Employees are given huge amounts of flexibility and excellent work/life balance.
- The banks remote work policy is up to individual teams, but on our team the expectation is 1 or 2 days in the office per week. Otherwise, you just need to live close enough to the office to make it in those days. "Close enough" is defined by you. Have a week where you can't make it into the office? No worries.
- 401k (1% auto contribution + 6% match) and Pension(!) are fully vested after 5 years.
- Relocation benefits are available.
- Generous paid parental leave, regardless of gender.
- Kind, caring, and diverse team. Some really interesting and excellent people.
- Generous PTO and a culture that truly respects the use of that PTO.
- Our team has the best institutional knowledge for lunch locations near the office, with specific expertise in China Town.
- Full size private indoor basket ball/volleyball/soccer court on top of a castle looking building in Manhattan.
- Work on top of the largest gold vault in the world. (Tours are free, open to the public, and take ~45 min. Even if you're not interested in the role, I definitely recommend.)
Keep in mind the job description is pretty expansive. Please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't perfectly match the requirements.
Data Scientist, Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
Data Scientist , AlphaSights
Data Scientist and Senior Data Scientist, DrivenData Labs
Senior Software Engineer, Power
Hiring senior software engineers, 50KM