This role is currently open for applicants across Americas timezones (PST/MST/CST/EST).
We're looking for a Manager to join the Support Systems Engineering team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs. The Support Systems Engineering Manager will guide a small team of full-stack engineers through architecting, building, and maintaining the innovative tools and systems that empower our Support team to provide a top-tier customer experience.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, then read on…
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
You’re empathetic and customer focused. Our team-managed tools support both Zapier’s customers and our Support team’s ability to help them. You spend time learning about our team and customers through All Hands Support. Through that learning, you implement ideas and solutions to improve the lives and work of all of our customers - internal and external.
You believe relationships are critical to success. You have excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills, consistently seeking out cross-team and cross-departmental partnerships and maintaining a great working relationship with our Build Org. You thrive on feedback, receive it graciously, and provide it often.
You’re a strategic leader who expertly delegates. You’ll be instrumental in planning roadmaps and sprints alongside our senior leadership team and technical product manager, requiring significant high-level focus while helping empower and coach your team to manage and iterate on our internal tools and processes.
Things You’ll Do
- Ship bug fixes, improvements, and ideate for our Support team’s tools.
- Manage a small, growing team of junior and mid-level engineers, meeting weekly and maintaining team priorities and accountability.
- Partner with our Support teams to define, architect, and design their tooling and systems needs
- Participate in roadmapping and planning sessions with senior leadership to ensure the right things are being built at the right time to best support high-level business goals
- Work closely with Engineering in developing cross-functional best practices
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, Americas
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct
provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.