We’re a small, fully-remote team working (within Moody's, a much larger company) to organize the world's commercial real estate data. Our SaaS platform is used in over 50 markets (across the US and Canada) and helps people research commercial property, find office space, sell apartment buildings, lease warehouse space, etc. You could think of it as "Zillow for buildings that aren't houses". Our wild start-up days are behind us – we're all grown up and profitable with a 20-year track record and users who love us. We have ambitious goals planned for the coming years and could really use your help.
You’ll be responsible for everything related to our cloud infrastructure: designing, implementing, testing, securing, monitoring, and troubleshooting. You’ll work closely with our team of full-stack engineers to evolve and improve it as we grow.
We're not dogmatic about our tools/technologies – we use whatever best suits the task at hand. Our infrastructure is primarily on AWS including use of EC2, RDS, ECS, S3, Elasticache, Route 53, SES, VPC, Lambda, Cloudwatch, IAM. We're also making use of Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, GitLab CI, ELK, Grafana, Squadcast, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Geoserver.
We communicate mainly via GitLab, Slack, and Zoom, but (usually) get everybody together for face-to-face time at least twice a year (once for a retreat and once for a conference).
- This isn't your first rodeo - you have significant (3+ years) production experience supporting, securing, and scaling complex web applications hosted on AWS using many of the above technologies.
- You're a firm believer in Infrastructure-as-Code.
- You're reachable, communicative, and functional at 3am when the sky is falling, but highly motivated to avoid proving that to us.
- You believe in the mantra: "strong opinions, weakly held".
- You once improvised a hypervisor with a snorkel, a paperclip, and some chewing gum.
- You work well with people remotely – technical counterparts, product managers and external teams.
- Your communication (written, verbal, emoji) is friendly and clear.
- You're a quick study, stay up with the latest-and-greatest ideas and processes, and enjoy learning new things.
- You understand that working as part of a small team can sometimes mean wearing different hats.
Catylist is for you if...
- You're a human (or convincingly sentient bot) of any variety, color, shape, size, etc.
- You're over the chaos and uncertainty of a start-up. You like having reasonable hours and knowing that your job will be around next week.
- You value stability, work/life balance, group decision-making, and working with people that are good-natured, open-minded, interesting, hard-working, and self-motivated.
- You're looking for a family to join for the long term, rather than a stepping stone toward another gig.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, remote, W2 position with great benefits (health/dental/vision/401k/disability/etc).
When applying, don't include a stuffy cover letter, but please take some time to explain why you're a fit for our team. Include your resume, GitHub link, and anything else that will help us avoid clicking "Archive" on your submission :)