About the Role
LibreMD is a healthtech startup based in Winnipeg, Manitoba that develops Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software. We have been profitable for 4 years with more than 600 medical users on our software, and we are rapidly growing.
LibreMD’s software was built and is currently maintained by embedded developers from a 3rd party development shop. However, with recent growth, LibreMD is now ready to move software development in-house and hire a small team of software developers. As our Senior Software Developer, you would play a key role in this transition, including assisting in hiring developers, establishing development practices and workflows, and leading the knowledge transition from the 3rd party developers to our new team.
If you’re interested in influencing an exciting and evolving industry, we'd love to hear from you!
LibreMD is one of two Shared Health Manitoba Certified Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Software at the Integrated level. If you are from Manitoba, there is a good chance one of your doctors uses our softwar
What is an EMR? It is the software that doctors use to treat patients and run their practice. From scheduling, to prescribing, to billing, it all happens inside of an EMR. We work with doctors and healthcare professionals across Manitoba to modernize healthcare practices. We believe that by improving the workflow of physicians, we improve outcomes for patients.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience with web development
- A University degree, College diploma, or relevant job-related experience. We welcome highly experienced, self-taught, and self-motivated learners who express a strong passion for development.
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with Git-based development workflows
- Ability to conduct oneself professionally when dealing with sensitive and confidential data
- A desire to take on a leadership role within a team
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the healthcare industry/knowledge of healthcare industry practices and customs
- Experience with HL7
- Experience with Linux servers
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Have a reliable, high-speed internet connection at your home (this is a remote position)
- Pass a Criminal Record Check
- Possess either Canadian citizenship, Canadian permanent resident status or a valid Canadian work permit at the time of application (LibreMD will not sponsor candidates for work permits)
Salary & Position Details
- $75,000-125,000 CAD per year, depending on experience & qualifications
- Fully remote - candidates can be located anywhere in Canada
- Salaried position - 40 hours per week
LibreMD invites applications from all qualified individuals. LibreMD is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.