About the Engineering Team:
You'll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools and practices. We are a supportive team who swarms when problems arise and gives great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to share and grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.
About the Role:
The Senior Release Engineer is an important part of a development team using agile and test-driven-development methodologies. The team is in the Operations organization and oversees release engineering and backend platform tools. You will develop and maintain internal services to support our automated Release Engineering CI/CD pipeline and related platform services. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Release Engineering.
- Write high-quality code
- Operate independently on complex tasks
- Be a technical expert in an area or feature set
- Have end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity
- Identify and suggest areas of future work and back up suggestions with evidence
- Identify and mitigate risk in the development cycle, from ideation to delivery
- Keep leaders up-to-date on progress, blockers, and potential surprises (both positive and negative)
- Diagnose the root cause of problems for any service area owned by the team
- Communicate on production issues, write actionable tickets without prompting, and quickly fix or delegate them
- Use logic and reason to build cases for ideas, backed up by qualitative and quantitative evidence
- Proficiency at removing roadblocks for complex tasks
- In-depth knowledge in one or more areas or features sets
- Awareness of industry best practices and trends
- Competence in several skills apart from pure coding, such as monitoring, performance optimization, integration testing, security, visual design and more
- Recognition as a very capable engineer
Salary, Benefits & Perks:
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
- Paid Time Off - Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all full-time employees. We also offer 13 paid holidays, 5 days sick time, 3 days volunteer time and more.
- Healthcare - Invoca offers a health care program that includes medical, dental and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from so you can make the best choice for yourself, partner and family.
- Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
- Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
- Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
- Paid Family Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
- Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to twelve weeks 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical need
- Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, Invoca provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes and more.
- Position Base Range - $116,500.00 - $140,000.00/year, plus bonus potential.
"Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone." - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.