ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to come in and help us define & deliver our web enterprise product roadmap. You will help shape the future of our enterprise corporate product offerings, from our wellness challenge administration & enterprise dashboards to the Challenges.app website.
This position is open for remote work in the continental United States. Relocation / Co-location is also more than welcome as we have offices in both Charleston, South Carolina and Boston, Massachusetts.
Challenges provides a unique, gamified approach to fitness & corporate wellness. Join us at the ground floor as we take this thing to the top. We benefit by being startup in size but with enterprise-like stability & balance.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles (or similar front-end framework)
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and server-side languages like Java, .Net or Python
- Experience with a database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Experience with a version control system such as GIT
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Building a new user-facing challenge administration website
- Developing a flexible and well designed frontend architecture
- Designing and developing the API endpoints needed for the website
- Understanding business requirements and translate them into intuitive user experience
- Working with a ux designer to create an intuitive user experience
- Working with analytics tools to help users visualize data about their challenges
- Unlimited PTO
- Profit Sharing
- 100% of Insurance Premiums paid by company
- Prescription drug copays covered
- 1-4 weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat worldwide
- Wellness reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability benefits
ABOUT FITNOW, INC. (OUR PARENT COMPANY)
Headquartered in Boston, FitNow, Inc. has a suite of health apps that cover the entire health spectrum, from weight-loss to fitness. We work closely with the Lose It! app team, one of the clear leaders in the Health & Wellness category.