At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small distributed team working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What would you do at Prisma?
You will be leading the effort to create a vibrant, exciting and informative social media presence cross our multiple platforms: Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok. You should come from a deep social media background, and feel comfortable owning the company social media strategy.
Your goal would be both to use our social media outlets to keep the Prisma community informed about updates, new features, events, etc and to create original fresh platform native content to engage and grow the Prisma developer audience.
You would be responsible for scheduling, producing, and publishing all of the relevant social media content.
We believe that the right person would have the following:
The following would also be super helpful:
- Impeccable organisational skills to manage multiple platforms, input from multiple sources, and requirements and dependancies across departments.
- 3+ years of Social Media experience, with a deep understanding of different platform dynamics
- Top notch copy writing ability, able to to create engaging exciting copy with various tones approaches and audiences
- Experience managing Social Media in the Developer Marketing space. Familiarity with software engineering and development vocabulary and concepts
- Interest in growing in a highly technical company
What's it like to work at Prisma?
- Past experience working in a tech startup
- Experience with running paid ads on social platforms
- Video editing, recording experience
You are likely to be a great for the team if you:
...have an ownership mindset.
As part of a small team, you\'ll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
...be kind and collaborative.
Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -5 to GMT +3.
Note on COVID-19:
The above opportunity to move to Berlin is dependent on current travel restrictions.
What's in it for you
What is the process like?
- You will be hired as the first Social Media Manager at Prisma and be working on our global social media presence. You will be able to shape the overall direction that Prisma take in it\'s Social Media Strategy.
- Competitive compensation including a commensurate Stock Option Package.
- 24 Days Paid Time Off per year.
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware and software that you need.
- Subsidised ergonomic chair.
- [US] 401k Matching, Health-, Vision-, and Dental Cover.
- Access to remote-working offices in your area.
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
What do I do now?
- Initial Call with someone from our Talent Acquisition Team.
- First Interview with Head of Developer Relations
- Take Home Assignment with compensation
- Second Interview with our Senior Customer Success Manager
- Final Interview with Developer Relations Team
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume) and anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.