(Fully remote, 75%+ overlap with UK working hours, non-UK applicants within EMEA are welcome)
What we do
DebugBear helps companies make their websites better by continuously monitoring speed and quality metrics. Many of our customers are developers themselves and value the in-depth reporting we provide.
As the first hire you will be working directly with the founder and be able to have a significant impact on the product.
As a full-stack developer you will:
- Implement and maintain product features while keeping in mind user experience, implementation costs, and maintainability
- Make the product scale to a large number of users
- Ensure the product is secure
- Take on other tasks as required (e.g. customer support or doing research for a technical blog post)
Working in an early-stage company, you need to be able to take on a variety of tasks and complete them successfully, sometimes in the absence of established processes. You need to be mindful of customer needs to understand and challenge requirements and solutions.
Working at DebugBear
We value building a stable product that doesn't break unexpectedly, especially not outside work hours. That means working with proven technologies where possible, writing automated tests, and monitoring the service.
While there is some flexibility with work hours, this is not an asynchronous role. Frequent communication is expected.
Collaboration is mostly through Slack and GitHub, but this might change in the future as needed.
Here are some of the technologies we use:
- Google Cloud
- Jest, Puppeteer
- React, Sass CSS, Storybook
- Introductory call discussing the role and your experience
- Technical interview
- 2h development assignment
- Assignment review call
You will need at least 6 years of commercial development experience, including significant experience with:
- Relational databases (e.g. Postgres/MySQL)
- Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS/GCP/...)
- Automated Testing/CI
We also value experience with the following:
- Web performance optimization
- Building SaaS products
- Building developer tools
- Working for a small business
- 30 days paid days off
- Fully remote
- Flexible work hours
- Laptop provided
As a rough guideline, the budget for this role is equivalent to a UK salary of £50,000 to £65,000 ($70,000 to $90,000) per year.