I’m Tom Dehouck, the Chief Customer Officer at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup
that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 2,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way. From the start of TestGorilla in 2020, organizations around the world have confirmed the need to approach hiring differently, leading to a significant growth - month after month - for TestGorilla.
As we look to scale our efforts this year and beyond, we’re looking for a Business Development representative who can passionately talk about this topic with interested leads and convince them about a new approach to hiring.
Do you want to join our fast growing team and help people land in dream jobs?
What’s in it for you?
- You can work from anywhere in the world - We work remotely!
- Join and help shape the fast-growing HR tech startup TestGorilla as an early employee
- €28K compensation (based on experience and performance) + stock options
- Remote position with a bright, motivated, and friendly team
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
The job in a nutshell
At TestGorilla, the Business Development team is the first team to be in contact with future customers. As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will directly and personally engage with prospects and free plan customers through different channels of communication (video calls, webinars, email, social media etc.).
As an advisor, you will inspire them about the value of pre-hiring tests instead of classic CV screening. You will demonstrate to them the benefits of the TestGorilla platform, answer specific commercial questions and convince them to sign up as a customer.
For customers with a more complex buying cycle, you will qualify the leads to identify the highest potential customers and prepare a hand-over to the TestGorilla sales team.
You will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to contribute to a growing customer base that puts more people in their dream jobs.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Initiate direct contact with leads who indicated interest in our services or recruiting approach
- Inspire groups of interested organizations during webinars and personalized discovery sessions
- Advise prospects on benefits and value of pre-hiring tests and the unique characteristics of TestGorilla
- Continue to engage in conversation with leads and nurture their interest
- Qualify the needs of prospect
- Prepare and execute an in-depth hand-over to sales or customer success teams
Here's what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission of putting people in dream jobs
- You are naturally curious and eager to learn in an high growth environment a
- You build strong relationships with customers through active listening
- You are looking forward to be part of a team that applies self-critical thinking in an open culture to develop others
- You are a critical thinker that can apply that skill on the spot in objection handling
- You are results-driven and have a mindset to beat targets
- You have good time management skills, including prioritizing and scheduling
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and/or a fast-growing startup
- You have a track record of overachieving (commercial) targets
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment
so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.