SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking an ambitious and creative person to build and scale our sales efforts to HR and freelancer platforms.
This role will be on the new Platform API team that is currently our fastest growing segment, growing 23x in revenue in the last 12 months. We're just getting started and you'll have the opportunity to help shape an essential product for remote companies worldwide.
🚀 About Us
SafetyWing is building a global social safety net, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone, and is one of the more important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
We're a team of 42, fully distributed stretching 10 timezones, while headquartered in San Francisco. We are growing our team quickly.
Our current customers are remote teams. The SafetyWing Platform API is a product for HR and freelancer platforms (like Remote or Oyster - among our early customers) to offer health insurance to their members globally.
👩💻 Your responsibilities will include
- Starting, scaling and leading a Platform Sales team
- Developing a sales plan and building a sales funnel for scaling from $2M to $30M by end of next year
- Owning the sales cycle from lead to close for high growth tech platforms
- Developing relationships with executive stakeholders
- Evaluating and implementing strategies to improve our sales and onboarding processes
🧪 We are looking for someone who:
- Has built or scaled a channel or platform sales team (ideally sold either a benefits product, or sold to HR and Freelancer platforms, from Series A to Series C or equivalent)
- Has excellent social skills and is great at writing
We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
🧘 What we offer
- Fully remote work - work from anywhere on the globe
- Competitive salary with uncapped bonuses
- Health insurance, laptop, and two yearly team gatherings (previous ones were in Slovenia, Norway, and Mexico)
- Flexible hours and vacation policy (Office hours 8-11am PST)
Submit your application here