At Intellibus, we are a team of passionate software engineers who love to solve hard problems efficiently. We are currently seeking a Solution Architect to join our team.
- Define the Future State Platform Architecture and Design
- Research and Analyze Technology Alternatives for each Stack layer
- Conduct POCs as needed to Evaluate the Alternatives
- Present the Analysis and Outcomes of the POC
- Work with the Head of Platform Architecture to Finalize the Tech Stack post POC
- Develop Reference Implementations for the Future State Platform and Trading and Settlement Microservices that run on the Platform.
- Create Architecture Patterns for Application Design, Scalability, Deployment, Cloud, Monitoring, Security, and Infrastructure.
- Define Static Analysis Code Quality Rules to evaluate Microservice Code aligns to the Future State Design
- Lead Development Teams to ensure the creation of Reusable Services and Libraries to enable platform scalability
- Engage with Business Architecture and Product Management teams to understand customer requirements and identify changes needed to the Architecture Roadmap and Technical Services
- Train the Architecture and Development team consisting of Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects and Hands-on Application and Data Architects, Software Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers (SRE’s) and SDETs
- Review and suggest refinements to the Architecture Patterns, Code Quality Rules, and Reusable Components
- Identifies and documents all Technical Debt within existing applications and components and develop a roadmap for migration of functionality from existing applications to the Future State Platform
- Acquire industry and product knowledge of New Technologies, Products, Patterns, and Best Practices to ensure Technology Vision and Architecture Roadmap are best of class
- Act in full partnership with the product, data, and technology management team in order to formulate product definitions and roadmaps
- Partner with Development teams to lead resolution of a variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Act a subject matter expert on one or more areas of database design, big data, cloud deployment, microservices, and integration
- Partner with Development teams to provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, advanced degree a plus.
- 15+ years of experience in managing large-scale engineering teams, organizational budgets, and vendor relationships.
- Prior experience leading a software organization through a transformation in a large enterprise environment, understanding the complexity created by legacy systems, and have been able to move to a new cutting edge technology stack.
- Prior experience with emerging technologies, constantly evaluating and recommending potential partnerships that provide efficiencies and competitive advantage within the tech stack
- Prior experience leading a team of hands-on Application and Data Architects
- Prior experience leading a team of Enterprise and Solution Architects
- Experience developing and supporting public and private cloud-based platforms
- Ability to guide development teams’ pipelines with advanced knowledge of system flow and development standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- A strong believer in Agile and Scrum principles with deep experience in microservices
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Expert presentation skills used to influence other leaders across the enterprise
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Skilled at collaborating and comfortable navigating at any level of the organization
- Knowledge of Application Design, Development, Security, Deployment, Monitoring and Service Management Patterns and Tools
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Tools and Continuous Integration Tools
- Hands-on experience in Cloud Technologies like Openshift, AMQ, Kafka, and Big Data is a plus
- Knowledge of Java, Spring, Unix, and oAuth is a big plus
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Client Services
- Business Development
- Information Technology
- Remote option available for the right candidate