Catch Co is looking for an experienced and motivated FP&A Analyst to steer financial planning and forecasting for our organization. This role will partner with key business leaders and collaborate cross-functionally to drive strategic investment and growth initiatives. This individual will provide timely, accurate, and relevant information to senior management and investors. They will assist in high-visibility and business critical projects including variance analysis, ongoing financial reporting, and Board material preparation, as well as operating budgets and quarterly forecasts. This role will report to the Sr Director of Finance and work closely with the COO and functional management across the company.
What you will do:
- Design and implement scalable financial planning and analysis processes to effectively monitor business performance
- Assist in preparation of financial reporting package for internal and external stakeholders, highlighting key business issues, trends, and variance analyses against Board approved budgets
- Manage preparation and analyses of budget vs actual figures from the consolidated financial statements, by business unit and by department, summarizing in concise reports and presenting to business unit leaders
- Perform financial and operational analysis including margin by channel, brand, or product, COGS analysis, historical revenue trends, etc.
- Maintain and develop reporting, models, and dashboards to proactively manage inventory forecasting and cash flow
- Implement financial reporting processes and support system implementations to improve visibility across the organization
- Identify potential inefficiencies in day-to-day work and implement automation tools to streamline
- Supporting the Sr Director of Finance in building out other FP&A areas and performing ad hoc analysis
- Partner with key business leaders across the entire organization to drive high impact strategic projects, investments, and growth initiatives
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to create financial and operational forecasts
What experience you need:
- 2+ years experience in Corporate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, or Management Consulting
- BSc/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or relevant field
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong financial modeling skills with automation mindset
- Firm grasp on financial statement analysis and corporate accounting fundamentals
- Prior experience within a robust FP&A function is a plus
What will make you successful:
- Analytical skills and a structured approach to solving business problems
- Data-focused mindset
- Passion for process improvement, with an emphasis on automation
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to foster cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to think creatively and critically in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization while working under pressure
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time