ArborXR products and services make setup, use and management of VR/MR/AR (XR) headsets and content simple. We enable organizations to work, learn, train or have other great experiences in XR at scale.
Our vision is to help people live more meaningful lives through the power of XR - to give them time to be more present, for purposeful work, deeper relationships, and a better world.
Over most of the next year, we will be focused on making our tools more usable on mobile, fleshing out our design system, and developing new features to make managing XR content deployment easier, while iterating on existing functionality. We need a UI/digital designer to partner with our UX designer and help translate research insights into the best visual designs and interactions.
Your focus will be implementing visual designs, but you will also support and contribute to research activities. You’ll play a key role in strategic design decisions and their tactical implementation (bonus points for processes to improve iteration management). You will contribute to a living style guide, communicate the design system out to the organization, and be a key point of contact for design questions.
We are an industrious, fully-remote team. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and works well independently, but seeks feedback early and can clearly communicate designs with stakeholders (some of whom have strong opinions). In return, you will learn a ton about the unique challenges of managing XR content and devices in a variety of enterprise settings, and work alongside an incredibly talented team of designers and developers.
Our team uses Figma and follows an agile development process, so some experience with that is a plus.
What you'll do
- Identify and scope opportunities to improve the visuals and interactions of our core user interface, key onboarding funnels, and special moments of polish and delight.
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to ship high-quality experiences.
- Conduct QA on coded designs.
- Support UX research.
You should apply if you
- Have experience with highly-complex, flexible systems
- Have rolled out a design system to multiple product teams (especially if those products have a global audience with a wide variety of accessibility needs and challenges)
- Have designed responsive web applications
- Thrive in a startup environment with a lot of independence and responsibility
- Designing for 3D
- Data analysis
- User research
- Experience with marketplaces
This is a full-time, remote role (you can work from anywhere).
- A great team - Our team is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates - competent and smart, but also humble, positive and generous.
- Work from anywhere - We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, with some in Europe, the US and Canada.
- Flexible work schedule - We have no set hours, or expectation that you’re online from 9 to 5. You create a schedule that allows you to get your best work done. We also offer unlimited time off.
- A powerful mission - We want to use XR technology to give people their time back (in the real world). Furthermore, we aim to protect the health and privacy of our customers, their users and our team with every decision we make.
- Salary range of $93,600 to $114,400 USD
We are unable to provide any Visa sponsorship.
We'll try to follow the process below (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
- Screening call with the UX Designer
- Portfolio Presentation with the UX Designer, Front-End Developer, CTO and Product Manager
- Interview with the UX Designer and founding team
Last, a bit more about us and the industry...
ArborXR is device management for AR & VR (XR) devices. We are a fully remote company with 20 employees that have been working for 5 years to solve one of the most difficult problems preventing XR from scaling.
Companies are finding that using XR for training and collaboration saves them time and money. The problem? Companies today are using consumer hardware without software to help them scale. As they go from pilot projects with a few headsets to larger deployments of hundreds or thousands of headsets, they get stuck. Mailing headsets back and forth. Plugging in cables every time they need to update an app. Companies need an enterprise operating system to help them scale. ArborXR is device management (MDM) software for VR and AR that is used by Fortune 500 companies, businesses, and hundreds of independent software vendors to seamlessly manage devices, enroll and provision headsets, deploy apps and files remotely, and lock down the user experience with kiosk mode and a multi-app launcher. ArborXR makes it easy to manage a fleet of headsets at scale.