, is a bestselling book series, live event program, and popular lesson plan taught by teachers across the world, has launched Six In Schools
, an initiative to empower any classroom to create their own Six-Word Memoir Classroom Book.
We’re looking for a community manager to act as the liaison between the organization and its audience. You will act as the voice, tone, and moderator of the brand through community support, content distribution, and digital engagement to build brand presence and trust, both online and in-person.
The ideal candidate will possess a balance of creativity, a high-level of attention to detail, project management expertise, exceptional collaboration skills, and a true love of the education space.
You ideally have a background in education or an interest in learning the best practices and paths to guide teachers through the Classroom Book process. You’ll be working closely with teachers (mostly), school principals, and even parents.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
Communicate directly with Teachers as they receive materials, conduct activities with their students, and return materials for book publication. The goal is to make this a joyful and streamlined experience for potentially hundreds of teachers and thousands of students moving through the process at a time.
- Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies.
- Create and curate engaging text, image, and video content for social media accounts and email campaigns.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
- Create product pages for teachers to share with parents to make product purchases.
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews, then utilize testimonials in marketing initiatives where applicable.
- Organize and participate in events (digital and in person) to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Coordinate with all Six-Word Memoirs team members to ensure brand consistency.
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends.
- A self-starter who, as our first marketing hire, can be a leader and help drive brand, content, and customer acquisition strategies.
- A highly motivated individual who thrives in ambiguity and has a problem-solving mentality.
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Self-directed, but also great at collaborating across disciplines and teams.
- An efficient, goal-oriented individual with a growth mindset.
- You strive to continuously and rapidly improve their craft.
- Experience owning end-to-end execution of campaigns: ideating, building, monitoring, optimizing, and measuring campaigns.
- Proficient in email marketing automation and understand fundamentals and implementation of SEM/Paid Search, SEO, and ABM.
- Experience with designing email templates and editing html templates.
- Experience analysing A/B test results, translating findings into stories, actionable insights and recommendations.
- Proven track record of cultivating or growing a brand’s audience through content, social media, or fostering other communities.
- A strong understanding of the wider user journey, taking in digital and offline touchpoints.
Nice to Have:
- A background in education K-12.
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems, HTML/CSS, and/or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with Intercom.
- SaaS Marketing for B2B and B2C products.
- Individuals with e-commerce experience.
- Location preference: Eastern or Central Time zone preferred.
COVID-19 considerations: Author Solutions has recently acquired the Six-Word Memoirs franchise: Due to COVID-19, all employees are currently working remotely in accordance with our safety protocols. This position does have the opportunity to be a permanent remote position. Author Solutions is registered to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Author Solutions is registered, you will not be considered for employment. Please contact the job recruiter to learn more about where we are registered. It is the policy of Author Solutions LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Author Solutions LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.