At SimpleTexting, we help businesses make an impact with the most reliable and simple way to reach people. We do this by enabling them to communicate via text messages.
We know something's working––we've grown 800% over the last three years, and have no plans to slow down. In fact, we're constantly adding new levers to grow even faster.
As our first dedicated Product Marketer, we see you as integral to this next phase of growth. You'll help us improve the way we bring new features to market and drive greater adoption of them in the process.
We'll look to you to own all feature launch activities, including messaging, product positioning, and product-based content. The end goal: making our target customers feel like “SimpleTexting gets me” by intimately understanding their needs and communicating how we meet them.
This is a blue ocean opportunity for someone to reimagine the way we launch and communicate new features. You'll help us continue to build the best all-in-one text messaging platform.
Why Join SimpleTexting?
SimpleTexting has grown a lot over the last four years and much of that growth has been thanks to the product we've built.
All you need to do is take a look at our hundreds of five-star reviews on Capterra and G2 Crowd to see that our customers genuinely love using our platform and get a lot of value from it.
In short: you get to market a product that people love and get excited about.
Beyond the opportunity to market a great product in the explosive world of mobile messaging, we consider our culture unique. Sometimes working for a fast-growing early-stage company means lots of growing pains and immature management.
That's not the case with us. We're a team of experienced professionals who believe in treating each other with kindness (one of our values is Extend Kindness) and giving people the flexibility they need to do their best work.
If you’re still excited, then let’s get to the details 👇
- Be the expert on our market: Conduct market and competitor research that will help inform our marketing and sales strategies, particularly as we launch new features and products.
- Own the launch strategy for new feature releases: You'll work closely with our product team to plan launches based on our roadmap and development efforts. Then use those same collaboration skills to coordinate with the broader marketing, sales and support teams to bring your plans to life.
- Be the expert on our buyers: The best way to plan feature launches is to deeply understand our customers needs and how we can best communicate with them.
- Craft compelling messaging and content: Ensure our customers know how to make the most of our product.
- Partner with appropriate teams: You'll work with sales, customer success, and the broader marketing team to encourage and ensure successful product adoption. That might mean lifecycle emails, ad campaigns, or customer success initiatives.
- Own content development for our inbound growth team: you'll take responsibility for case studies, testimonials and third-party review efforts. You'll also be responsible for equipping our sales team with one-pagers, demo decks, and battle cards.
This Role Is For You If
- You're an excellent communicator who thrives in a collaborative, hands-on environment.
- You're a highly-driven visionary who loves the idea of joining a tight-knit team and making a meaningful impact.
- The customer is at the center of everything you do.
- You have the ability to think strategically, but aren't afraid to get your hands dirty.
Demonstrable Abilities Required
- 3-5 years experience in product marketing, ideally in a B2B SaaS organization.
- Experience developing successful product launch strategies and taking them to market.
- A history of close collaboration between teams and ability to create alignment amongst them.
- The ability to pick up new concepts quickly and communicate them in a way our customers can understand.
Not Required, but a Plus
- Experience with subscription software and freemium products, additional plus if horizontal SaaS.
- Experience in the telephony and/or messaging space.
- Come from an organization effectively using EOS.
- This is a full-time remote position for a fully distributed company (we've been remote for years, long before COVID).
- Flexible time-off policy with a 10-day minimum. Take the time that you need to operate at peak performance. We don’t limit vacation, sick or personal days.
- Excellent healthcare plan, with 100% of your employee premiums paid.*
- 401k with 3% company contribution.*
- Annual team meetups (once we're able to organize these safely).
*Only applies to US-based employees at the moment
- Remote - must be available to work primarily US hours
SimpleTexting is the leading web-based platform for SMS marketing and business texting. We recently ranked 917 on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies! Our software gives organizations the ability to send marketing campaigns, share important alerts, and provide 1-on-1 customer service using text messages. Thousands of organizations in North America rely on SimpleTexting to connect with their audiences. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that includes segments, autoresponders, data collection and analytics, our platform is designed to help businesses start and scale their engagement through SMS.