XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of 100+ experts (from 30+ countries and 6 continents) enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
We are looking for the right person to join our engineering team who will support XWP’s mission of building a better web at enterprise scale by delivering exceptional software and great client experiences, within a supportive and growth-oriented environment.
Who You Are
- You have a passion for web development and have an appetite for self-education
- You have a keen eye for details, even the small ones
- You are fueled by a balanced blend of humility and confidence
- You are an enthusiastic WordPress advocate
- You appreciate order and efficiency, but have an action-oriented approach
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role
What You've Done
- You Know WordPress, React, PHP, CSS & JS
- You’ve had experience building multiple custom blocks for the Gutenberg editor in a production environment without using Advanced Custom Fields
- You’ve created block patterns and block templates
- You have experience with block styles, block.json, and reusable blocks
- You have a good knowledge of WordPress and can code themes from scratch
- Understanding of the front-end performance optimization techniques.
- Good programming skills and knowledge of general principles (DRY, KISS, code refactoring and optimization, etc.)
What You'll Do Here
- Be An Engaged Team Member
- Work closely and collaboratively with others to develop solutions
- Be a candid, respectful, and supportive teammate and leader
- Participate in Backlog Grooming and tickets estimations, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review Meetings
- Adhere to Agile SCRUM Methodologies and organizational processes
- Champion Engineering Best Practices
- Contribute to internal processes for writing well-organized, performant and easy to maintain code
- Write Secure, Performant, and Scalable Code
- Build custom Gutenberg blocks
- Develop custom WordPress themes for enterprise-scale sites
- Mobile-first responsive interface development
- Debugging across a wide range of browsers and devices
- Extend existing codebases while maintaining architectural choices
- Implement structured data and microformats
What Success Looks Like
- Delivery of quality code, on time, and as estimated
- Collaborative and effective communication across global time zones and cultures
- Proactive approach to learning, growth and sharing
- Having the trust and confidence of your teammates
- Leading by example and treating others with respect
What Success Looks Like
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- The joys of remote work done right (schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work)
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the open web
- An expected salary range of USD $85,000 to $120,000 or contractor rates of $45-$65 per hour
- Paid leave
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life, and other benefits
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are You Intrigued?
Apply now and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!