TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
We stand by our core values in everything we do:
We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 250+ people is growing fast. We’re looking for a mid to senior-level designer to provide creative ideation and execution on a broad range of projects, from branding and conceptual advertising to tactical marketing pieces like e-books, landing pages and emails. This is a digital-forward role, and we’re looking for someone who is comfortable with interactive design.
A day in the life
Collaborating with a creative team of writers, designers and video pros to create integrated campaigns that span across multiple platforms
- Working with writers to create concepts and designs for digital advertising and social graphics
- Laying out guides and long-form content that help prospective customers understand sales tax, e-commerce and automation
- Designing web pages, landing pages and banners for our website
- Creating presentations for webinars and other events
You’ll be a great add to the team if you have….
- 5+ years as a designer, preferably with some agency experience
- Outstanding visual communication skills, including graphic design, data visualization, and typography
- Digital design capabilities, including HTML5 and CSS
- Understanding of UI and UX principles and how to apply them
- Fluent in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Figma
- Not required, but nice if you know XD, Sketch or After Effects
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to present your creative ideas and designs to a variety of audiences
- Curious outlook; empathy for customers and their challenges
- A stellar online portfolio of work
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.