As part of our busy, but friendly, design team, you will be responsible for assisting with the development of multiple items across the breadth of our categories for childrenswear and maternity fashion. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is new to the industry & eager to learn about all aspects of design from conception to final product.
Whilst there is an opportunity for hybrid working with some working from home this role is key to supporting the designers in the office and therefore the majority of time will be spent in our Battersea design studio.
What we expect from you:
An insight into what you’ll be doing:
You’ll be in a fast-paced omni-channel retail environment assisting a team that creates and develops a range of quality, fun and engaging designs that makes JoJo unique.
A day in the life:
- Assisting the designers in completion and maintenance of in house records and filing – design files and spreadsheets on the computer and physical samples and submissions.
- Assisting with researching trends and inspiration, comparative analysis & competitor observation. Helping to collate information ready for presentation to wider teams.
- Under guidance, assisting with drawing up CAD garment illustrations and completing detailed specifications.
- Assisting the designer with the management of the design critical path to ensure business deadlines are met.
- Ensuring sample comments from the designers are fed back to suppliers effectively and further sampling is requested as necessary.
- Assisting the team in the management of samples and submissions.
- Actively engaging in ethical or environmental improvements to our sourcing.
What we look for in you
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Aptitude to learn. Degree or equivalent qualification in Fashion Design, ideally with work placement experience in a commercial but design-led retailer.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A developing understanding of garment construction, fabric & printing techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and work happily in a busy, whilst friendly atmosphere.
- Good organisational skills. Never miss a trick, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to get things done and improvise as required with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Just to give you a taste of our culture, we’ll be looking for you to:
- Be a brand ambassador, ensuring that our values and ethos are never compromised.
- Be honest and respectful.
- Work collaboratively.
- Talk openly and actively listen.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the role.
What extras can you expect?
- We believe R&R is important so for each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday.
- Why work on your Birthday? Have it off.
- Let’s celebrate JoJo doing well – non-contractual annual profit share.
- Helping plan for the future - contributory pension scheme.
- Get on the move - cycle to work scheme.
- Support for planning your finances - JoJo saving scheme.
- Looking to work more flexibly It's a possibility with this position – and there’s always our Pilates classes!
- Why always work in the office? Mix it up, have the two. Working from home can suit JoJo and you.
- Have a great time - fabulous social events (when we can again).
- Supporting our communities – volunteer days.
- Being mindful – Health and Wellbeing Hub
- We love our products! 40% discount off JoJo branded lines.
- “It’s up to you” learning environment - ongoing training and educational development initiatives and opportunities.
- Sad to leave your furry friend at home - our offices are dog friendly for friendly pooches.