Car & Classic
is Europe’s largest classic car classifieds website with over 3 million unique visitors per month.
The website has been around for over 15 years and is trusted and loved by many. We have an extraordinary team fully distributed car enthusiasts, designers, technologists, and operators across multiple countries and timezones.
Our vision is to build the largest and best marketplace for classic and specialist vehicles globally.
About the role
You'll be working within a small engineering team that is always looking to improve. You'll get to work on important features and given autonomy - and with a small team, your impact is integral to our continued success.
You'll focus on ensuring Car & Classic
runs smoothly for all of its users. You will help design & deliver features for our customers within our Laravel codebase & (less and less) in our legacy home-grown PHP codebase which we've almost finished migrating to Laravel. 💪
This role requires strong written & verbal communication skills, alongside extensive PHP knowledge. You'll be given the autonomy and space to focus on your work, without micro-managing and unnecessary status updates.
Role and responsibilities
- Delivering high quality, tested, PHP code
- Reviewing colleagues pull requests
- Documenting key architectural decisions
- Prioritizing long-term thinking to solutions over short-term bandaids
- Contributing in Sprint Retros, Sprint Planning, & technical speccing
Our current tech stack
- PHP 7.4
- Laravel 8
- Vue.js 2
- Tailwind 2
- MySQL 5.7
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary range: £36, 000 - £44, 000 dependent on experience
- £500/year personal development budget
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Access to free personal/professional coaching via a trained internal coach
- 25 days holiday, all bank holidays off and any period of closure over Christmas also paid.
- Learning and training - AWS Certification, Eloquent Performance Patterns, and more
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge (£34Bn annual) industry.