Who is Togo Group:
Togo Group is creating the leading technology platform for road-based travel and outdoor tourism. Through our brands, Togo Group is focused on making it easier to experience, own, and maintain recreational vehicles as well as more easily discover, book, and navigate road trips. Learn about our family of brands: TogoRV, Roadtrippers, RVillage, OvernightRVParking, and Campendium at www.togogroup.io.
We are looking for a talented Senior Staff DevOps Engineer (Lead) to join our team!
The Sr. Staff DevOps Engineer (Lead) manages infrastructure operations across the company. This includes planning and implementing infrastructure and automating infrastructure changes in support of highly-available and scalable services. The role also leads a team of DevOps and IT professionals in the US and New Zealand.
Where You're Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States and can work remotely or in our Cincinnati or Chicago office.
- Design, develop and deliver scalable and automated services and architecture, adhering to the infrastructure as code mantra
- Architect, design, and implement solutions with native AWS Services and other cloud/managed services as necessary
- Ensure solutions are architected and delivered using best practices and technologies
- Communicate the benefits and drawbacks of infrastructure choices to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Create and apply reusable automation libraries across the company
- Manage centralized monitoring and alerting for infrastructure, and enable developers to extend with application-level monitoring
- Setup infrastructure for easy reporting and accountability across products
- Troubleshoot production issues and perform on-call duties
- Plan and coordinate infrastructure and operations for new projects and acquisitions
- Monitors, advises and implements solutions to address security and risks for company IT/Infrastructure/Ops
- Prioritizes day to day tasks for DevOps team
- Manage a team, providing guidance to ensure their success and continued professional growth
- Oversees IT operations and personnel for company
- Holds regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Champion the Togo Group culture, leading by example and delivering through the lens of our “Rules of the Road”.
What You’ve Done Before:
- 5-8 years of experience in a full-time development or DevOps role
- 1+ years of experience managing software engineers, develops, or similar roles
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Comfortable working and managing across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure as code, automation and configuration tools like Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, or Chef
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure automation, and best practices
- Experience supporting, managing and simplifying configuration and setup of multiple environments for local development and staging environments
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructure and container orchestration
- Understanding of web development, infrastructure requirements, and scripting languages
- Experience with Linux system administration and command line interface (CLI)
- Knowledge of distributed version control, like Git
Why you should join our pack:
- Flexible Workplace: While our headquarters are in Cincinnati and Chicago, our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our employees to define their own blend of work-life balance.
- Office Perks: Employees that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches and happy hour benefits.
- Unlimited Vacation & Extensive Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our employees to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being.
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our employees work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product.
- Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
- Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our employees and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
- Live your Passion: We believe in living our mission and vision, as a member of our team our employees enjoy a lifetime subscription to Roadpass! In addition to our Work-Detoured benefit which encourages and reimburses our team to live our brand by enjoying the outdoors.
The Togo Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture. We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.