The Client Success Manager role at Angry Creative
The Client Success Manager role is a varied one, which incorporates elements of sales, client relationship and project management; so if you enjoy repetitive work, stop reading now!
Your time will be split between client meetings, planning work with your team, and supporting the delivery of projects so your clients are delighted!. We also have a number of internal programmes for learning, socialising and generally contributing to the company culture.
Typical activities include:
- Working on strategies to produce ongoing work with your clients
- Working with your technical team to plan work and present ideas to clients
- Creating client contracts
- Preparing budget updates for clients and invoicing
- Providing project progress updates
- Managing and qualifying incoming leads
- Delivering workshops to clients
- Planning and reporting on your KPIs
You will interact with all areas of the business, and ensure we have a steady flow of quality projects to deliver. You will be an integral part of your team (called units here), which consist of a Unit Manager, Developers, Designers, Solution Architects and Client Success managers. You’ll have daily interaction with these people, as well as our internal support department.
Each morning you’ll attend a Unit Stand Up and Commercial Team Stand Up to ensure that you have the support you need to get your work done, and to flag any potential blockers. We encourage an environment where everyone is free to speak up and everyone's voice is heard: communication and collaboration are things we insist on from all team members.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working at an IT consultancy business or an agency as either in Client Services, Account Management / Handling or Project Management. You should have examples of working with clients ranging from small shops to large international organisations. We’re looking for someone that has a passion for tech, and can share that enthusiasm with our clients, so if you think you have transferable skills from another industry, please get in touch.
- Experience managing digital projects
- E-commerce business experience
- English language - fluent/professional proficiency
- At least 4 years working in an agency or similar business
- Account Management experience with medium-sized clients
- E-commerce management experience
- Experience managing WordPress / WooCommerce websites
- Development or software engineering experience
What we look for in people
We value and encourage an open mind. It is important to us that you are supportive to both clients and colleagues. We want you to be creative and suggest solutions to problems that might appear. It’s also important to us that you are flexible and adapt easily as we are a business that grows and moves quickly.
- Being driven by positive relationships is a must, humanise, spend time with your clients make them feel valued always
- Strong problem-solving skills, naturally inquisitive and someone that enjoys finding solutions
- The role is autonomous, being self-organised is a must, you will be supported by a great team who will want to see you develop the role for yourself
- Someone that actively seeks out support from the wider team to help improve their skills
- Flexible working: We have flexible working hours to ensure a work-life balance. Everyone is free to manage their own day depending on priority.
- Team socials: Each month we like to celebrate all our great work with a team social.
- Annual company retreat: Next year's retreat will be held in Portugal where we’ll also be attending WordCamp Europe!
- Education and development: You are in control of your learning and development. Working together with your manager to plan out what areas you’d like to focus on. We also hold weekly Hungry Creative sessions presented by members of the team or external speakers.
- Home office: We offer home office setup allowances.
Meet our Client Success Managers
Too often there’s a gap between expectations set in job ads, and the reality experienced by our team. So, here’s some quotes from some of our current amazing team of CSMs (Dean, Nevena and Stefani) based throughout Europe and Africa:
Contribution to the company’s strategy
“You’ll have an active role in shaping the company's commercial strategy and being able to help our clients achieve their goals.”
“Everyone is encouraged to make their voices heard. If you believe in mutual respect between employees and the workplace, trusting others and appreciating differences and want to work somewhere that you can help clients grow their businesses by envisioning and achieving their goals, then I’d say this is the place to be!”
“Working at Angry Creative is the most fun I’ve had with my clothes on. You have the autonomy to get work done, whilst feeling it’s a safe space to make mistakes, learn, grow and develop."
“The company vibe is a friendly, fun and collaborative working environment.
‘Happiness’ is an unofficial metric here; both internally and externally with clients and partners alike (as making websites together can be quite an in-depth long-term commitment to one another)”
“There is great team energy and you’re able to manage projects from A-Z owning the whole process which gives you the ability to really impact our client’s business and make changes for them for the better."
"We have regular check-ins that are well organised which gives access to the team whenever you or they might need help. The HR & People team make a huge effort to keep us social and engaged."
"It’s a diverse job and every day I have fun. When you have a problem it is shared and solved as a team and you always feel appreciated.”
“Remote working is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it (there’s just no getting away from it). Life is super busy here and even though you’re remote, loneliness is not a thing here.”
“The flexibility and remote-first culture is great, and shows that the company is forward-thinking.”
“I love working with our WordPress and WooCommerce experts within the e-commerce industry! Absolutely adore the team spirit where different cultures and expertise is encouraged. There is a collective passion to making Angry Creative the leading WordPress and WooCommerce experts one website and plugin at a time.”
“Working with Developers, watching them grow, develop and encourage this process in a fun energetic manner that fosters collaboration with clients.”
“No day is the same, it’s the most dynamic CSM role I’ve ever had. You have the freedom to make decisions in the best interest of your clients whilst being supported and understood by your colleagues!"
"Your time is split across different areas of the business (sales, PM, admin and new business) and you are never finished and that’s OK!”