Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3).
While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
Reporting to our Engineering Experience Lead, we're looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about finding opportunities to measure and improve our engineers productivity, in order to increase our engineering velocity and bring value to our customers more efficiently.
A strong background in programming is required for this role, and a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines. Experience working in a SaaS/Product company and a background in building software for other engineers is highly desirable.
- Build the systems that Hotjar engineers use daily to deliver their code to production.
- Dive into large code bases, mostly written in Python, maintaining testing and observability standards high.
- Keep a tight feedback loop with product and internal teams to understand and resolve productivity bottlenecks.
- Develop software packages and components that allow us to break our code base into multiple services, such as a monitoring library or an inter-service communication system.
- Spend a small amount of your time dealing with internal change requests coming from product teams. This is not a service-desk position, the vast majority of your time will be spent on projects, not firefighting.
- 5+ years development experience, preferably for a product company handling high levels of traffic
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines, DevOps principles and techniques.
- Experience with infrastructure cloud providers, with a strong preference for AWS.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar's company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000
annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.