We are looking for a Social Media Manager with a demonstrated track record of driving innovative and engaging social efforts to drive brand/fan awareness, engagement and organic growth.
WHO WE ARE
is an exploding music streaming channel and media content hub on a mission to make fan to artist connections stronger in the digital age. Across our Prime Video Channel, website, iOS and Android apps, we have created a unique experience that combines a fast growing curated collection of more than 180 films, original music content and artist documentaries that bring to life the most meaningful moments in music and surrounds these with immersive, custom content from the most talented music writers in the world. Much like the local record stores of yore, it’s a place for artists and fans to gather and share meaningful connections. We are building fully immersive and discoverable experiences, engaging in exclusive commerce, and even helping all music fans discover new favorites along the way.
In just a matter of months
, we are off to a quick start with fast moving monthly subscriber growth, hit films such as What Drives Us (directed by Dave Grohl), an ever expanding lexicon of catalog content and new releases and experiences arriving weekly. We are backed by some of the biggest names in music, as well as major venture investors, and this rocket is blasting in the air and continues to climb.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager with a demonstrated track record of driving innovative and engaging social efforts to drive brand/fan awareness, engagement and organic growth. A passion for music and an instinct for understanding both the art and science of driving consumer behavior is key. Experience in high growth, start-up culture is a plus.
Reporting to the VP marketing, this full-time position will be focused on driving awareness of Coda Collection through the syndication of compelling content, as well as driving fan and community engagement, both with our customers and artist fan bases. You will have the benefit of working with talented, multi-faceted marketing, product and creative team members, utilizing compelling content for bands you know and love...or bands you will grow to love. Our office is "based" in Chicago but remote (meaning open to candidates from anywhere). This is a chance to roll up your sleeves, be a part of something and build our social media efforts from the ground up.
WHERE YOU COME IN
The day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategize (with assistance from VP Marketing and Social Strategist) and Execute a results-driven social media strategy across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linked In along with new and emerging channels
- Create and monitor social listening streams related to key conversations across social to identify brand response and engagement opportunities
- Plan out an optimal ed cal and posting schedule based on historical data
- Create and own all measurements and success metrics - Providing key ROI analysis in our social marketing efforts as they ladder up to our larger marketing and company growth goals, showing effectiveness of efforts and investment
- Stay up-to-date with trends and changes in platforms
- Build strong relationships with our audience across social platforms by responding to messages, comments, and inquiries
- With our Creative Team, Design and develop engaging text, imagery, and video content to sustain/gain followers, wow our artists and partners, and increase engagement
- Create and execute outstanding co-marketing plans to goals with our key sponsors, artists, fan groups and record labels to drive engagement and awareness of Coda content
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6+ years overall professional work experience, with 4+ working as a Social Media Manager/Strategist or Digital Content Strategist, preferably for a consumer facing brand, media or music industry, targeting consumer audiences.
- Agency experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Good knowledge of various genres in music and classic rock is a plus.
- Strong understanding of best practices and passion for crafting content across all social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Experience building content frameworks, flywheels, and/or strategies that grow and engage communities on social media.
- Experience working with creative teams - art directors, copywriters, designers, and videographers to produce assets optimized for social. You know how to write a tight and clear brief.
- Strong understanding of organic social media strategy.
- Self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You consistently stay up-to-date on emerging social media trends and platforms and can make recommendations on whether or not to apply those changes and/or optimize.