LOCATION: Remote within the US
Daily Kos is the nation’s largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. Powered by millions of highly engaged supporters, we’re building progressive power by connecting grassroots activists to hundreds of people-powered organizations and campaigns.
We are seeking an experienced and results driven Project Manager II to help guide the development process at the Daily Kos. You will work closely with the Lead Technical Project Manager to plan, organize and direct project plans. You will be responsible for charting the progress of projects across multi-disciplined teams and collaborating with department personnel to support the development, implementation and launch of web based applications. You will also assist in assessing and translating metrics into actionable, meaningful intelligence; and help to improve, refine and document project team processes.
Our offices are in Oakland, CA and Washington D.C., however, we are open to fully remote applicants.
- Closely monitor projects to ensure deliverables and timelines are met
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the various stages of the project life-cycle
- Help to identify and mitigate project risks such as scope creep, unplanned work, miscommunication, bottlenecks and scheduling delays
- Support management in streamlining workflow processes and identifying areas for improvement
- Assist in sprint planning and preparation, daily standups, backlog grooming, retros, and application teams/enterprise team meetings
- Aid in the analysis, preparation and presentation of project driven data to quantify performance and project results
- Ensure cross functional teams adhere to best practices
- Collaborate with upper management in the creation of the engineering roadmap
- 3+ years working with an engineering team
- 3+ years of relevant technical project management experience in web development, APIs and working with linux operating systems
- General understanding of agile project management methodologies and frameworks including Kanban and SCRUM
- Experience with agile project management tools and Google Workspace
- Ambitious spirit and focus on delivering value into customers hands with excellent communication
- Ability to adapt to new processes and tools
- Focused on data-driven decision making and learning by experimentation
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
- Excellent communication skills, primarily in a virtual work environment
- Familiarity with the Daily Kos application and commitment to become a platform expert
- Willingness to travel occasionally for events or retreats
Salary Range: $77,000 - $97,000
Salaries are based on geographic location
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to the Lead Technical Project Manager. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, professional development stipend, company-paid holidays, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid parental/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day’s news events, and people united by common cause. We’re a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals strongly encouraged to apply.