We are seeking a strong System Analyst/Product Owner who can leverage their knowledge of technology, systems, and their related processes to help build new and innovative blockchain solutions for the API3 foundation.
Compensation for this position will include a competitive salary.
System Analyst Vs. Product Owner
PO is the voice of the customer, and the business analyst acts more like the representative of the development team. But, full disclosure: the division between these two roles is not that black and white.
The PO is more business and customer-oriented, while the BA is often more tactical and focused on the project. But given the training and skills of a typical BA, they're usually also qualified to undertake the tasks of the PO. This includes most of the backlog management functions, breaking large stories into smaller ones, modeling workflows and data, defining business rules, and addressing non-functional requirements. For that reason, these two roles often overlap.
- Works with the co-founders and other stakeholders as required, using recognized, structured analysis and design methodologies to determine and document solution requirements, ensuring that the solution is robust and deliverable and that the scope is clearly defined.
- Assembles and presents business requirements, functional specifications, Epics, User Stories to secure mature backlog and crystal clear project roadmap.
- Performs modeling of business and system processes based on findings through use-case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Collaborates with other internal entities and 3rd party vendors to identify alternative solutions and translates operational needs into requirements.
- Monitors requirement related activities of assigned projects and works with Project Managers to ensure that the project remains in scope.
- Communicates the status of each phase for assigned projects to management on a scheduled basis.
- Helps develop testing requirements and plans to validate application changes and supporting business processes.
- Helps coordinate delivery of business solutions and supporting processes according to business priorities and requirements.
- Researches/analyzes current/emerging technologies/vendor services in support of business priorities and objectives.
- Trains less experienced employees within assigned area(s) as required
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance.