About the role
Our fast-growing company is looking for a People and Organisation Manager to enable our fully remote team to thrive. As part of the People and Organisation team, you will play a critical role in making us the best employer for the best talent throughout Europe. Your tasks will be varied and challenging: whether it’s organizing our team events, constantly improving our top-rated onboarding, managing internal communication or fostering our unique team culture, you relish the opportunity to problem-solve creatively to support our team.
As our new P&O Manager, you’ll drive your own projects and work with our P&O Director to identify and prioritize needs. You’ll use a variety of communication methods -- email, presentations, office hours, zoom calls, and more -- to keep our fully remote, international team connected and up-to-date on what’s happening in the company. As a representative of our team culture, you’ll connect with teammates throughout the year, whether it’s in your local area or travelling to attend company events, onboardings, and meetings.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- You’ll work on a variety of People areas.
- You’ll start with managing our onboarding program: ensuring our new hires are fully equipped and ready to make an impact .
- You’ll take the lead on organizing our 3x a year company Gatherings , overseeing our event planners and our own team to create a memorable week and rewarding experiences.
- You’ll use state-of-the-art tools to measure our employee experience, make relevant policy recommendations and implement solutions to continuously improve.
- You’ll bring our internal communication to the highest level by organizing our internal docs, adding new formats, and setting company-wide standards and best practices.
- You’ll serve as our Safety Officer, managing protocols, remote work ergonomics, etc.
- You’ll propose and implement people-first solutions, be part of our Wellness Task Force and continuously devise compelling initiatives to support our remote workforce.
Why you will love it
- You’ll have autonomy and responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across the whole Europe with a common mission - to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all.
- You will be empowered and encouraged to shape and drive komoot's company culture to be industry-leading.
- This is a remote role and we are a fully remote team. You are free to work from wherever you want within the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. A beach? The mountains? A co- working space (covered by us)? Our HQ in Potsdam? You decide.
- You will travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing European locations. Check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 5+ years experience in HR / People roles and 2+ years of experience in a Manager role, in a successful and forward thinking company.
- Are passionate and curious about new HR topics, trends, tools and techniques. You are not afraid to try new things and don’t shy away from being challenged on what you find to be the best approaches.
- Have worked on wide range of People topics (communication, internal policies, engagement, performance).
- Take pride and ownership in supporting and connecting with people, and building and scaling culture.
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast environment, you comfortably shift priorities and bring projects to thorough completion.
- Are articulate, clear, concise and empathetic in your communication, and would partner successfully with the P and O squad as well as your colleagues all across Europe.
- Have remote work experience- you have previously worked remotely and understand the dynamics. You are a remote work advocate and want to leverage the benefits further.
- Have an excellent level of written and spoken English.
- You love technology and tools, and are a quick learner.
- Bonus: You love to spend your time actively, exploring more of the great outdoors. That's what we love to do too!
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all-expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!