Pilot is a design and technology concept lab that specializes in the invention of software and solutions that re-imagine how people will live, work and play. With studios in Seattle and London, we are unified by a passion for generating impact through smart design. Our lab model provides a new approach to innovation and rapid concept development. We consult, we team-up in joint ventures, and we incubate the things we can’t live without. Ultimately, we are as excited about shipping our own products and digital experiences as we are about helping clients deliver theirs.
We’re looking for an experienced interaction designer with a world-class portfolio to join us in one of our joint venture incubations, Downwrite.com. Downwrite is a unique, fan-fueled platform providing artists with new avenues to create music, new sources of creative inspiration, and the opportunity to build a catalog of income streams and earnings from the publishing of their work commercially. This is a rare opportunity to join an early-stage startup with the potential for equity and great possibilities for long-term growth.
Pilot and Downwrite are built on a foundation of curiosity, trust, and bold ambition. We value diversity, we aim to foster a community where employees can be their true selves, and we welcome applicants from all different backgrounds.
For this position, you should share our passion for building world-class user experiences, and developing beautiful, simple solutions to complex problems. Projects will present a wide range of sophisticated user interface challenges spanning product, communications, and R&D efforts. This is a fluid role on a collaborative team focused on continuing to evolve and innovate the Downwrite concept. Your talents will focus on user research, concept development, prototyping, UX flows, IA, wireframes and the simplification of complex processes. Broader contributions will include working with visual and brand designers as well as engineers to deliver.
This position is ideally located in Seattle or Chicago but could also be remote.
• Work closely with a small team of designers and creative directors in an iterative environment
• Advocate for people-centric solutions and the simplification of complex processes
• Own the creation of user flows, interaction models, wireframes, UI details and usability of the solutions
• Collaborate with visual designers and the broader team to amplify all visual designs and final solutions
• Follow user interface design trends and best practices in order to stay current in the industry
• Hone solutions with a constant consideration for visual balance, transition and motion
• Work with engineering to problem-solve, iterate, tweak and deliver to perfection
• Help to develop and evolve design processes and tools
• Outstanding portfolio
• 4+ years of experience delivering outstanding results in complex modern work environments
• Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping and various ways to test interaction models
• Demonstrated communication, collaboration and presentation skills
• An undying passion for great design, paradigm-shifting solutions and a meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to shift between iterative product enhancements and R&D-centric new concepts
• Experience shipping software or digital solutions
• Expertise with modern design tools – specifically Figma
• Expertise with Adobe software - specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Experience with After Effects is a plus
• BA/BS in design
Pilot Lab, LLC 1201 10th Avenue Seattle, WA 98122 USA