Customer service is often taken for granted. “Just do your job,” they say. “That’s what we’re paying you for,” they say. Not here. At Packlane, we see it as an art form. Because great service—where details matter most, problems get solved (not deflected), and relationships are built—is magical. We know that without the right person representing us on the front lines, we don’t stand a chance. Our customers come to us because they want the best for their business. And the best starts with your team.
As a full-time Customer Service Manager you will be leading an essential team and growing our business through excellent customer service. Overseeing other members of the service team, you will develop and implement service procedures and maintain customer relationships by exceeding expectations.
- Supervise day-to-day operations in the customer service department.
- Develop and implement standards and procedures for the team to ensure quality standards and deadlines are met.
- Create effective customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
- Maintain customer relationships and improve response and delivery times
- Updating service methods to improve overall efficiency
- Resolving any service problems and customer complaints
- Conducting periodic appraisals of team members and identifying areas for improvement
- Assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports on your findings to senior management.
- Help the team to be agile and understand the needs of fulfilling orders to manufacturers to satisfy customers’ expectations
- Manage order and production needs with on eye towards bigger picture and strategic growth
- Be able to manage the current team demands while innovating the team and systems for future growth.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a customer service position and
- 2 years of Customer Service Management experience preferably in a startup environment.
- Excellent with printing processes and Adobe Creative Suite, or you're curious to learn.
- Project management systems like Trello and Jira, Google Docs, Slack, including threading and emoji proficiency ;-)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of management practices and techniques.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with fast use and rapid, personalized tailoring of Saved Replies and macros (bonus points if you're familiar with Zendesk)
- Self-directed fast learner and excellent teacher. We try new systems frequently
- Experience with direct print and production preferred.
Nuts and Bolts:
- Work from almost anywhere! This is a fully remote position, with coverage expected within USA timezones.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday