Crystal helps companies deeply understand the personality, behavior, and motivations of their most important peoplke -- employees, customers, prospects and job candidates. Our DISC-based SaaS platform provides assessments and AI predictions that turn personality insights into an ongoing competitive advantage for communication, sales, team-building, and employee development. Crystal has raised $7M in VC funding led by Salesforce Ventures, has thousands of customers globally and is currently an ambitious remote team of 20 people.
As we build and scale Crystal over the next few years, our product & engineering team is growing along with it. We're building the largest, most accurate personality platform in the world - it's a huge project that requires close collaboration between data analysis, machine learning, and social science.
We're looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team, taking the lead on projects across our platform. We value:
- True individual ownership and responsibility over projects
- Saying “no” to lots of good things so we can say “yes” to one great thing
- Listening to constant feedback from our team and customers
- Having a healthy approach to product velocity and technical debt
- Taking our work very seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously
You'll be working alongside a talented product team to translate Crystal's powerful data into everyday business value, and you'll be on the ground floor helping us build the foundation for an enduring, impactful company.
- Your day-to-day will vary between different components of our product, so this role requires technical flexibility and a desire to learn new skills quickly. We work primarily with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Typescript, React and Next.js, Our platform runs on AWS with services like ECS, EC2, and RDS.
- We have a lot on our roadmap for the next several years, including improvements to the breadth and accuracy of our personality detection system, Chrome extensions, enterprise tools, and data integrations
It’s important to have experience with:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Designing and implementing APIs
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- AWS infrastructure including EC2, ECS, Cloudfront, and RDS
- MySQL databases
- CircleCI or other continuous deployment
- TDD libraries like RSpec
- RESTful APIs on the back-end, and consuming them on the front-end
- Building and maintaining large, complex software products at scale
- Working with multiple stakeholders such as product managers, QA's, and designers
- Working in agile environments such as scrum or kanban
- Writing code that is clean and uses current best practices
- Explaining technical concepts to a group clearly and concisely
Nice to haves
- Experience with Python
- Experience with machine learning concepts and implementations
- One or two products/projects you've developed that you're really proud to show