Senior Front-End Developer
Location – Lethbridge, AB or remote within Canada
Reports to – Lead Front End Developer
Quorum is currently looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our growing team.
Quorum develops innovative and integrated software applications and processes for automotive dealerships across North America. We couldn’t do it without team members who are as enthusiastic about the technology as they are about providing exceptional service to our dealership partners and their customers.
Quorum’s Senior Front-End Developers are responsible for building and maintaining the user-facing systems that enable our dealership partners to sell vehicles in their retail stores and on the web. We believe our customers deserve to have great experiences with our products, regardless of whether they are a salesperson at a dealership or a customer looking to make their first vehicle purchase online.As a front-end developer you will be on the front lines of delivering software experiences that surprise and delight our customers with their speed, accuracy, and beauty.
Here’s what we will expect from you at work:
· You will build and maintain reliable software that delivers on Quorum’s promises of speed, accuracy, and customer-centered design
· You will make design choices that empower our customers and that support our mission and brand
· You will interact with members of the Product Management team and the Product Development team to make sure that the voices of our customers are heard and that our products work as expected
· When bugs appear, you will help address them in a timely manner and put steps in place to prevent them in the future
· You will actively mentor and coaching other members of the development team when it comes to visual design, software architecture, and testing
· You will take responsibility for developing projects of increasing complexity
· You are persistent in the face of challenges and seek to actively eliminate roadblocks for yourself and others
Here’s the kind of candidate we are looking for:
· Experience and comfortable with Angular is a must.
· Comfortable with coaching and mentorship of peers is required
· You have a strong visual design background and you care deeply about how users perceive the look and feel of the applications you build
· You have a knack for breaking down problems and you reason about systems from first principles
· You are a clear thinker and are able to effectively articulate your ideas to others through your speech and writing
· You are able to clearly articulate trade-offs when making decisions or judgment calls
· You have played a substantial role in the creation of at least one production-scale front-end application that was built on top of Angular 2+ and NgRx, or a similar stack (React + Redux, Elm, etc.)
· You are able to apply your knowledge of visual design principles by writing clean, maintainable CSS and HTML
· You write automated tests to validate your assumptions, and to ensure the integrity of your code over time
· You use Figma, Sketch, or other prototyping tools to create clickable mockups of designs at varying degrees of fidelity
· You act to instill good habits in your colleagues, and you lead by example
It would be great if you had the following (but we don’t expect you to have it all!):
· A history of open-source contributions, or side projects
· Demonstrated knowledge of mobile application development
· A university degree in computer science or a diploma in computer technology from a recognized post-secondary institution
· Past experience in sales, especially within the vehicle sales industry
· A criminal background check is required
Within your first three months at Quorum you will:
· Gain an understanding of the systems involved in vehicle sales transactions
· Meet other members of the product development and product management organizations, and start building relationships across the company
· Pair-program with your new colleagues on the development team
· Engage your colleagues in regular code reviews and coaching sessions
· Learn to give and receive constructive feedback on design ideas and code
· Build and ship a feature to hundreds of dealerships, including their staff and customers
Quorum Information Technologies Inc. offers integrated, innovative and robust Software Technology Solutions and Services to Traditional and Electric Vehicle Dealerships and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) across North America.
Implemented on their own, Quorum’s solutions and services allow dealership customers to drive greater results at less cost than using the competition. When integrated with other Quorum solutions the Quorum product suite delivers escalating synergy and expanding value to its dealership customers.
Quorum’s Family of Brands
DealerMine CRM, a sales and service Customer Relationship Management system and set of Business Development Center services that drives revenue into the critical sales and service departments in a dealership.
Autovance, a modern retailing platform that helps dealerships attract more business through digital retailing, improve in-store profits and closing rates through our desking tool and maximize their efficiency and CSI through our F&I menu solution.
XSelleratorTM, a Dealership Management System (DMS) that automates, integrates and streamlines key processes across departments in a dealership, and emphasizes revenue generation and customer satisfaction.
Advantage, a full showroom system for both franchised and independent dealerships and a comprehensive operating system that includes accounting for the independent market.
Quorum Information Technologies Inc. is traded on the Toronto Venture Exchange (TSX-V) under the symbol QIS. For additional information please go to www.QuorumInfoTech.com
Quorum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Quorum offers competitive salary and benefits packages and an incredible work environment. This is a full-time salaried position with an excellent compensation plan. To apply
for this position please visit Quorum’s Career Site
**Only those candidates that meet our requirements for this position will be contacted**