Senior Android Developer @ Odysee
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Android Developer to join our team. As a Senior Android Developer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering the Odysee Android app. Your role will be critical in creating an intuitive and user friendly user experience for all of the creators and viewers that use Odysee on Android.
At Odysee, you will be welcomed into a supportive and friendly (virtual) team and you will have the chance to lead many critical projects as they pertain to mobile.
Odysee.com is the largest blockchain media platform in the world; after launching in December 2020, Odysee has been scaling significantly and is now looking to add a Senior Android Developer with modern design aesthetics and who is an avid media junkie to its ranks.
You will be a pro at:
- Having a keen eye for performance issues and performant design.
- Creating amazing user experiences for all Android enabled devices from a minimal set of requirements because it’s just in your blood.
- Picking up and executing tasks that are completely unrelated without missing a beat.
- Managing your time well while working with the demands of a worldwide team from the comfort of home.
- Working well with the back end teams to provide the right requirements to support the user experience as envisioned.
- Fixing bugs as they arise.
- Taking the lead. We want owners not participants.
- Ensuring resiliency in the codebase because you too hate 1AM emergencies.
In terms of skills & experience:
- 5+ years of recent experience as an Android Developer
- Excellent knowledge of mobile troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- You have published at least one or more Android apps in the Play store
- Deep understanding of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Efficient Knowledge of graphics software(not a pro, but not reliant on others).
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in Computer Science or similar relevant field(or additional 4 years experience)
Bonus skills & experience:
- Led a team of developers in the past
- Implemented at the enterprise scale (50 million users)
- Familiarity with Play Store procedures and policies.
What we offer:
- Work from home
- A small (<100) team of passionate individuals
- The opportunity to build something truly great with great people
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- For US based employees: Health Insurance reimbursement